It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Lamictal & Abilify

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-19-2007, 04:55 PM   #1
    roz5
    Veteran
    (female)

roz5 HB Userroz5 HB User
    Lamictal & Abilify

Has anyone had any experience with Lamictal and/or Abilify? I began Lamictal 3 weeks ago, starting at a very low dose and slowly working up. Abilify was added a few days ago---both meds for bi-polar characteristics.
    Just curious to know if anyone has tried these meds, and if so.....the good, bad and the ugly?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2007, 08:58 PM   #2
    liz49
    Inactive
    (female)

liz49 HB Userliz49 HB Userliz49 HB Userliz49 HB Userliz49 HB User
    Re: Lamictal & Abilify

My daughter (age 20) was on that combo, and felt ok. recently her pdoc switched her to Abilify with Welbutrin, as the Lamictal was kind of sedating. I don't know if she feels a whole lot better as she kind of uses me as her "I always feel so horrible" person to talk to, but others who spend time with her say she seems better, but was also ok on the Lamictal and Abilify. She didn;t comment on any side effects other than the normal ones of the kind of flatness of emotions that come with any antidepressant/bipolar med. She LOVES the mania, but it is not worth the depression that always folows--maybe somebody else can tell you more.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:09 AM   #3
    roz5
    Veteran
    (female)

roz5 HB Userroz5 HB User
    Re: Lamictal & Abilify

Wow, that is interesting.....my psych NP just added Wellbutrin to the mix. I do notice that my 'lows' & 'highs' are not so extreme. I still experience depression and moments of feeling "on top of the world". I do have a ways to go before I reach the therapeutic Lamictal dose. I suppose that only time will tell.

Closed Thread