It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Help, I can't stop sweating!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-30-2007, 04:03 AM   #1
    atrooterisu
    (female)

atrooterisu HB User
    Help, I can't stop sweating!

Ok. Is there an antidepressant that won't make me sweat excessively?? I cannot stand it and I must take the medicine or I will relapse. I have taken paxil, zoloft, lexapro, and now cymbalta. Help please!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2007, 04:13 PM   #2
    Debjean777
    (female)

Debjean777 HB User
    Re: Help, I can't stop sweating!

effexor xr will make you sweat too. Did you feel hot also or just sweat?

Old 05-06-2007, 09:23 AM   #3
    atrooterisu
    (female)

atrooterisu HB User

I feel hot all the time. Like hot flashes.

Old 05-06-2007, 03:12 PM   #4
    maggie0704
    Veteran
    (female)

maggie0704 HB User

This is too weird, i have not seen any posts in this line regarding sweating problems until today. And i just happen to be arguing w/my husband and stressing over the sweating today of all days.
    I am on Lexapro & have been for yrs. but just started sweating about 1yr. ago ....i always blamed it on hormones since i had 2 miscarriages last yr. But now i am reading these and wondering if it might be med.
    My sweats are horrible!!! All i have to do is something minor like vacuum, and i break into a terrible sweat and if i don't stop and cool off i end up w/soaking wet hair. I can't even go into a store for some reason without breaking into one. I am sweating, but my skin feels cool. And it doesn't matter if it is 50 degrees where i am at, if i am doing ANYTHING that requires any effort at all it starts up. No, i take that back, even when i am working at my desk during week it will come and last for a few hrs. I can be sitting in A/C doing nothing but answering phones & typing and it hits me. Even turning down air doesn't help bcuz it just makes me feel half chilly, half sweaty. Does that make sense?
    All that i do know is it has become unbearable! I hate to go out of house bcuz it always ends w/me irritable and uncomfortable.

Old 05-06-2007, 04:21 PM   #5
    atrooterisu
    (female)

atrooterisu HB User

You sound just like me? How old are you? I am 23. I hate sweating and I am sick of it. I need help.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:29 AM   #6
    maggie0704
    Veteran
    (female)

maggie0704 HB User

Hey atroot....? That's a difficult one!
    I am 31. Are you on any meds.? Did you just recently start feeling this way? It is horrible to deal with this. People just think i am overacting, but it is so frustrating and keeps me from doing a lot of things out of the house. Which in turn, just makes me more depressed!

Old 05-08-2007, 09:18 AM   #7
    triplexlamb
    (male)

triplexlamb HB User

wow. i just started Lexapro and i notice that i am hot a lot also. not like a summer burning up hot, but more of a comfortable feverish feeling. also i can tell i have been sweating a lot in my sleep.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:40 AM   #8
    livinTX
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

livinTX HB User

Maybe Wellbutrin since it is not an SSRI? I had terrible sweating problems on Effexor, so I don't recommend that one. Paxil, too, was pretty bad.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:19 AM   #9
    maggie0704
    Veteran
    (female)

maggie0704 HB User

not like a summer burning up hot, but more of a comfortable feverish feeling.

I know exactly what your saying!!! But the only thing is that i have been on it for yrs. and it just started 1yr. ago. But now that i think about it, i went up to 20mg last yr. I was on 10mg...that could be the reason!
    All i know is it stinks big time!!!!!

Old 05-09-2007, 07:49 PM   #10
    Diane246
    (female)

Diane246 HB User

So, here I am in the same boat! You describe me exactly and I was wondering if you have had any luck locating a solution! please let me know. Its not like random hot flashes, more like any activity, however minor starts the flood of sweat! (I just started a new job and this is soooooooooooooo embarassing!)

Last edited by moderator2; 05-09-2007 at 09:39 PM. Reason: posted contact info

Old 05-10-2007, 07:20 AM   #11
    maggie0704
    Veteran
    (female)

maggie0704 HB User

Hey Diane!
    No, unfortunately i have not found a solution. But i have started to examine different things that could be causing it. I had always assumed it was due to a hormone imbalance (from 2 miscarriages last yr.)
    But after being on these boards i realized it could be due to meds. I increased my Lexapro a yr. ago to 20mg. & i think it might be that. But i also read on the internet that the med. i take for my headaches also causes it!!! It is so unfair the side-effects that go along with medication. Most of the time, they are worse than the actual condition.
    So for now i just stay inside a lot and basically have a crappy life. I work from home so i am usually comfortable then. But it actually comes even while i am sitting at computer sometimes. It will come and send me into sweats, and last about 2hrs. and then go away. I have heard that large amts. of sugar can worsen things, and of course i am addicted to sweets right now. What are u taking & are there any other things going on that might be contributing to your sweating?

Closed Thread