It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Down hearted and very Depressed

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-23-2007, 02:38 PM   #1
    AnnaDee
    (female)

AnnaDee HB User
    Unhappy Down hearted and very Depressed

I have been down hearted and very depressed. I try each day to think of something to cheer me, but I just am too much in the dumps.

My diet is depressing too. I have lost my taste for eggs completely. I hate the thought of eating any kind of meat.

My dd is losing weight by eating yogurt, and ham sandwiches..I don't know what else she eats besides that. She buys her own food.

My body thinks it is in starvation mode.

Right now all I have to eat is a huge container of oat meal. That is the only thing that I can get down me without wanting to barf.

I put splenda on the oat meal with skim milk. I am taking vitamins to help not get sick.

All my email friends have stopped writing me. All two of them. I don't complain to them about myself so I know that is not the reason. I gave up writing them any more. I mean what is the point in writing to the air.

I have good days and bad days. Mostly bad days. I am the most depressing person I have ever seen. Most ppl come out of it after being treated by a doctor and having therapy.

I am not looking for anyone's sympathy, so please don't give me any.
    I like to write down my feelings. I get a lot off my chest. Not that it really helps.
    Anna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2007, 06:26 PM   #2
    hyper79
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hyper79 HB User
    Re: Down hearted and very Depressed

Hi I'm wish I were one of those people who has had therapy ect and got better,I've saw 8 different doctors and therapy since 04 and still in the same boat.I'm not giving any sympathy to you just sharing my grand experience and venting a bit.I can not put into words how I feel but I'm know it could be worse because it has in the past.I'm sure you dont want to hear my story but I can relate to what your experiencing and it's no fun.I usually try to cheer myself up by doing something but I loose interest fast,I did find exercise "walking" helps me and gives me a boost of energy and helps my appetite, maybe that may help you? Has this been a problem for you for a while or did it just start?

Old 06-24-2007, 09:43 AM   #3
    Dakota_Skye
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

hi anna dee,

are you still being treated (do you takes medication?) and do you still see a therapist? maybe you just didn't focus on the "right" topics in therapy? i don't know, i'm just asking....how is your environment now? i'm sure you must know that besides our past, our "now" plays a huge part in how we're feeling day-to-day...

how long have you suffered from depression?

just want to let you know that although you may think you're the most depressed person on earth, there are many people who feel the same way you do. i have had these "episodes" as well. they come and they go.

if you write more about you, and what makes you sad and upset, we're here to help. vent all you want here!!!
    blessings to you,
    dakota

Old 06-24-2007, 10:55 AM   #4
    ordinary10
    (female)

ordinary10 HB User

dear anna dee-

i just got over having a really bad week so i know how hard it is. i hear where you're coming from when you say you don't want sympathy you just want to vent. i feel the same way. but go a head and vent if it makes you feel better that's what makes me feel better too. just remember that you are never alone- even though it definitely feels like it. everyday is a struggle but remember to keep your head up- you'll get through. try to find an escape- something that maybe makes you feel better or just takes your mind off of things. just don't feel bad about venting. i hope that things get better

hold on
    -ordinary

Old 06-24-2007, 03:24 PM   #5
    AnnaDee
    (female)

AnnaDee HB User

I am still on meds and getting help with my shrink once a week. I have medical problems that keep me from exercising or going out. I am not a social person either.

I like staying home and being alone. I just am unhappy. I felt better before my mom passed away in 2004..but I have had this problem since child hood. I am Bipolar 2.
    Anna

Old 06-24-2007, 04:15 PM   #6
    Dakota_Skye
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AnnaDee View Post
    I like staying home and being alone. I just am unhappy. I felt better before my mom passed away in 2004..but I have had this problem since child hood. I am Bipolar 2.
    Anna
    anna,
    sounds like you would do well with at least one woman friend around you. to talk to, share things with...like you did when mom was around... even though you say you're not a social person (i'm not either--but i know that i would feel the same if i were you). i also know it's easy to say these things, but very hard to do. are your neighbors far? i know you have physical problems that may interfere with you walking around. if you drive, do you go to church around there? like i said, even ONE other lady friend, would do wonders for your day-to-day life!!!!

Old 06-25-2007, 08:50 AM   #7
    ordinary10
    (female)

ordinary10 HB User

dear anna dee-

i understand that you like being alone cuz i like being alone too but not all the time. sometimes you need someone just to be there. you said that you have physical disabilities that prevent you from getting out n exercising so there has to be someone who takes care of you. who helps you get your groceries or take you to your doctor appointments? do you have any family that you maybe at least talk to on the phone or though e-mail? really anything could help. you really shouldn't just sit at home and be alone cuz then you have too much time to think. i understand that there are a lot of issues involved but you should try n reach out to somebody cuz it really can make a big difference. Also i can suggest maybe getting an animal- a dog or cat? sometimes they're good to have around cuz they are someone to talk to n they DON'T talk back but love you unconditionally. it's just a suggestion. i hope you find something that can make you feel better.

blessings
    -ordinary

Old 06-25-2007, 09:15 AM   #8
    violaroses
    (female)

violaroses HB User

dear anna,

i am so sorry you are struggling so much right now. it is very difficult to be depressed. it takes so much energy, i know i feel so tired when i am depressed, and my hobbies- well they go down the drain. do you have any pets? I actually have to many but since I am disabled they make me happy caring for them when my girls are at school.
    I understand about needing to find a place to just write out what is happening, venting, or letting out steam.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:21 AM   #9
    jules3
    Inactive
    (female)

jules3 HB User

anna are you married? how old are you?

Old 06-25-2007, 03:10 PM   #10
    Seymour93
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Seymour93 HB User

[QUOTE=AnnaDee;3063313

Anna[/QUOTE]

You do need to get out and see other folks. Being alone, staring at four walls, ruminating...not good, but certainly fixable. Good luck!

Old 07-02-2007, 01:35 PM   #11
    AnnaDee
    (female)

AnnaDee HB User

Seymour, jules, violaroses, ordinary, Dakota, Hope I didn't forget anyone..thank you for your concern.

I am 59..will be 60 in Oct. There are 3 dogs and one cat here at the house. I take care of them but it is not easy. I live with my husband and daughter who is 19. She is a full time college student. My Husband is disabled. No one helps me around the house so it is dirty most of the time. If they can live with it so can I.

My husband drives and takes me shopping and to the doctors when I need to go. O joy.

No one like me in the neighbor hood since I became a christian. I had one lady that liked me and then she stopped talking to me or waving to me after I asked her to church a few yrs ago. Since then I am not able to go to church because I cannot just sit for very long. That is one of the reasons I don't come here too often.

I am sorry everyone of you are troubled as I am. We can only try to have a good day. One day at a time.
    Anna

Old 07-03-2007, 12:58 AM   #12
    emeraldeyes114
    Inactive
    (female)

emeraldeyes114 HB User

Dear Anna,

(((Hugs))) It sounds like you could use a few right now. I am in the same boat or at least one very similar to the one you are in right now. I am also Bipolar but Bipolar I. It is not easy to fight this illness or really any of them and trying to do it alone. You almost feel like you have to be a super hero to do it. I know there are days when I think I can't do this a moment longer. I have played the hand and still lost. I try to just hold out and hope tomorrow comes with a beautiful sunrise and a new day. All the friends I have are on the net. I use to talk to them daily but lately can't find much if anything to say. Or they get mad at me like now for something that I can't do anything about right now. It just in the end feels like a no win situation.

Venting is so helpful to get that icky stuff out there and to help us focus maybe on the root or trigger of the problem. And to me yours sounds like loneliness more then anything else. Though I am sure it is only a piece of the pie per say. Here you can find friends and a lot of support plus people who would welcome your support in return. I know it is not the same but it is helpful to a lot of us. I feel better a lot of times by helping or at least trying to help someone else out. I don't always do a great job at it but I try and that is all I can do.

So let me see...have you thought about taking a class at the local college like an evening class on something you like. Some high schools like ours offer adult evening classes on writing, pottery, all kinds of stuff. It is a cool way to meet new people and get out of the house. Which is probably a second problem in that you are so isolated from the world and you feel it right now keenly. Does your church do social events? That would be a way to meet people that share a common interest. Maybe like a bbq type thing or quilting circle? What about the library? Some of them offer book clubs if you like to read. I think there are sites that offer pen pals on the net. That would be a nice thing to do if you can. Or support groups on the net that you can email back and forth if you would like to.

Just a few thoughts. I hope you are feeling better very soon.

Eme

Old 07-03-2007, 11:20 AM   #13
    Dakota_Skye
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

hi anna,

eme gave some really good ideas for you to try there, in her last paragraph. i really hope you would think about trying at least one or two of them. like the social events at your church; (i was actually thinking of telling you about a quilting circle, but i didn't know how old you were and didn't want to mention it ); and those book clubs at the library sound very good. and like she further said, high schools and colleges give courses for adults, ranging in topics from a to z. they have arts, painting, chrocheting, literature, even self-improvement classes; classes where you can learn more about computers, sciences, foreign languages, and so many more... and you don't have to spend much money, because a lot of these meet only 5 times or so. for ex. art classes teach you the basics and then you can go on your own from there, if you are really interested. they're all good ideas.

god bless!

Old 07-03-2007, 06:26 PM   #14
    AnnaDee
    (female)

AnnaDee HB User

Eme, Thank you for thinking of things for me to do. But I have a problem with being around ppl. I am not lonely. I like being alone. I do like having forum friend though. It is easy that way for me. I just cannot be on the net all the time like I used to.
    Anna

Closed Thread