It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Abandonment issues!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-02-2007, 11:55 AM   #16
    luckygem13
    Veteran
    (female)

luckygem13 HB User
    Re: Abandonment issues!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dee-nah View Post
    that was a BP moment, hi Lucky!

Well if it isn't "D" & "D" on the "D" board hanging with my peeps.

Luckygem

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2007, 12:07 PM   #17
    Dutches
    Inactive
    (female)

Dutches HB User

Hi lucky, I just read this article about people with abandonment issues. They seem to choice partners that are abusive, controlling, already married, emotionally not available, drug addicts and mentally ill! When I first read it I was wow, apart from the drug addicts and the married ones, I choice exactly those type of people, but then I realized those are all the people that are left! I mean I just don't meet that many people that I like or am even interrested in. When I do they are either taken or mentally challenged...I know that's not funny but it is to me....

It seems like every one around me is having relationship issues plus I live in LA.... itís slim pickings here! Why is it so hard to find true love and to keep the love???? Bla bla, thatís just like asking why is the world round.

Dee, I didn't hear from Storm. Her next court hearing is in 19 days. I never got to tell you but she is in for criminal threats to a LAPD cop, who is family related to her, it's a bad situation which is connected to one of her teenage days were she got molested.... and so on!

I know I shouldn't go to her hearing but I realy want to???? Is that wrong??

Old 07-02-2007, 02:52 PM   #18
    luckygem13
    Veteran
    (female)

luckygem13 HB User

Hi Dutches,

My husband and I both have abandonment issues stemming from the fact that we both had pretty bad Mom's. His abandonment issues are a LOT worse than mine. I think I am (at least to him) emotionally unavailable...it's how I've survived him and my Mom both abusing me. I can "check out" into my own little world and am happy as a clam until he goes ballistic because he is not getting the intimacy he wants. I guess I'm mentally ill because I have depression. He is abusive, controlling, and seriously mentally ill. Isn't life rich?

One thing I know, everyone, and I do mean everyone, has problems. I think you need to weigh things out in relationships based on that and make a decision. If my husband were repeatedly violent or unfaithful I would be gone. So far we've only had one isolated incident of violence that he cannot remember...he blacked out. He's faithful, actually he's kind of over obsessed with me, always has been. People always comment on it, they say they've never seen a man so madly in love with his wife....if they only knew the flip side!

Girlfriend you live in LA? Get over to Sky Sport & Spa! Jackie Warner is awesome and really into healthy relationships. I told you I love her show, Workout. Check out her "personal space", I'm one of her friends

Take Care

Luckgem

Old 07-03-2007, 12:32 PM   #19
    Dutches
    Inactive
    (female)

Dutches HB User

Lucky, I used to complain about not really having a dad (I have one but he was never around) however, after hearing so many stories from people who had an emotionally unavailable mother, I feel so fortunate to have such a close relationship with my mom....

That sucks about your mom! Sorry..

It sound like there is always something going on in your house, a depressed clam with a husband who is always trying to shake you out of your little shell...

I guess your right we all have issues. If for some odd reason my ex made a big effort to get back with me (which she won't!) but let's just say, if she did, It would be hard for me to make a decision. I know her for a year and during the whole year she was like your husband...loving but controlling, very caring but needy, most important she loved me like how I like to beloved.... but how do anyone weigh things out when your dealing with someone that's bp? You never know how bad it can get...

You like that show? One of my friends is in that show and she tried to put me on a date with jackie but I was seeing my girl at the time. I watched the show maybe 2 times, I thought it was ...ok..could be a bit more interresting for me!

I'm a private fitness trainer so I guess I'm being critical...hihi.

Old 07-03-2007, 12:33 PM   #20
    Dutches
    Inactive
    (female)

Dutches HB User

HAPPY 4th of JuLY EVERY ONE!!!!!!

Old 07-03-2007, 03:24 PM   #21
    luckygem13
    Veteran
    (female)

luckygem13 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dutches View Post
    You like that show? One of my friends is in that show and she tried to put me on a date with jackie but I was seeing my girl at the time. I watched the show maybe 2 times, I thought it was ...ok..could be a bit more interresting for me!

I'm a private fitness trainer so I guess I'm being critical...hihi.

I really like Jackie and her little chihuahua's! Hmmm, I guess I like blonde's with little dog's thinking back to the Paris thing, LOL! You had an oportunity to go on a date with her???? Hell, I would of dated her (once) and I'm married! She is so strong and beautiful. She seems to not worry excessively about what others think of her, I find that so strong and appealing.....and rare! There was a show where they were all on a retreat in a cabin talking together with a therapist about their issues and she shared that her father committed suicide.

Her past (on again/off again) girlfriend is a real piece of work so I would think you could really relate to that.

Old 07-04-2007, 05:53 PM   #22
    Dee-nah
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Dee-nah HB User

Dutches how are you doing?

Old 07-07-2007, 01:06 PM   #23
    Dutches
    Inactive
    (female)

Dutches HB User

Lucky, it's so funny I had to think of you last Thursday cause I went for coffee with a friend (in west Hollywood) and guess who was there......jackie!!! I Had to laugh cause I haven't personally seen her till you were talking about here. I wanted to say Hi for you but she was talking to some blond girl. hihi

Dee, I'm doing fine. Yesterday I received a letter from Winter!!! I was very surprised. I was even more surprised that she seems to still be off her meds?????? Cause tough she say's, she still love's me, the rest of the letter is about palm springs and how she forgives me BUT it's my fault! Then she said she is different to other BP people and she knows her triggers and can control them. WoW! I can also tell by her hand writing that she is still in the same mood. I was so confused when I read the letter that I decided ,...enough is enough! If she doesn't understand by now that she really was hurting someone that truly loved her....! So I went out on a date last night with a girl I met 6 months ago....she is so cute! and yes I did the nasty!!!!! ( tough it wasn't easy, I had to focus to keep my mind from wandering....lol) I feel like I broke a bound between me and winter. Long story sorry! I got suspended from the board so I was gone. Did you miss me? How are you?

Old 07-07-2007, 03:37 PM   #24
    luckygem13
    Veteran
    (female)

luckygem13 HB User

Dutches,

Suspended? Another Bad***** Niiice, don't forget to wear something black with skulls

I can't believe you get to see all the cool people on TV in your hood, awesome. I know whenever I go to Cali I have great fun and see lots of celebrities. Last time I was there I was at Crustaceans and gave my bar stool to Adam West (the original batman) he was still sooo cute and gave me a devilish smile. He knew I knew who he was by my eye contact/smile....I never usually say anything to them because I know how it is to have too many people in your personal space. He was in town for the last Batman movie premiere.

We can't go out to California for about another 6 months because my husband got arrested in Beverly Hills...it was really just a misunderstanding
    JK, he actually deserved it.

Yes Dutches, you did the deed with a cutie, you broke a bond, you are moving on. I think it's all for the best.

Take Care

Luckygem

Old 07-07-2007, 04:43 PM   #25
    Dutches
    Inactive
    (female)

Dutches HB User

lucky, I know..... I almost felt as coo as you and D.......kidding...!

yeah, Cali is a trip if your into celebrities. For me personally, celebrities are nice but unless they can offer me an acting job?....! But of course, I do enjoy the scenery this is the place for me to be. I'm originally from Holland and partially raised in Austria, so LA is very different from my home town. I love it. How are you liking living in the UK, have you made friends easy? Me.... I couldn't life in the UK, the weather and landscaping is to similar to Holland....blah!But cloth shopping....YEAH!!

You can't come into Beverly Hills? Who is going to know?....rebel here!

Question; when your Bp and are some what manic, don't you get tired ofter a while from the mood swings? I mean doesn't it make you want to take your meds to calm down and chill the F... out? Plus, shouldn't the fact that your in jail, lost your girlfriend and other friends send a signal to your contuse saying: "maybe there is that somethings is wrong going on with me?! Or are you really in your own little world the whole time?

are you talking for D again.....???

Old 07-07-2007, 05:40 PM   #26
    luckygem13
    Veteran
    (female)

luckygem13 HB User

Hi Dutchess,

No I'm not talking for D .

I don't live in the UK, I live in Florida....cool state, kinda the "B" list version of Cali....nice if you just want to be mellow. Unfortunately we have lots of Police here, you can't do ANYTHING wrong without getting into trouble, it's scary. I liked the US a lot better 20 years ago. I guess 9/11 changed everything

My grandmother is from Holland ....very cool

I'm not bipolar, but my husband and son are. My p doc thinks my Mom might be....not sure about that, she is basing that on my childhood traumas....Whatever....I really don't care what you call it.

I have depression and anxiety, not bipolar. I LOVE bipolars....weird, but they are SO much fun

Palm Springs....I have good memories from that place!!!!!!!!

Party On

Luckygem

Old 07-07-2007, 06:36 PM   #27
    Dutches
    Inactive
    (female)

Dutches HB User

Uppps, sorry I had your history confused with someone else! Of course you live in Florida!!!! My dad used to live in the keys, I visited him a couple times, man you guys have the best beaches by far!!!!

U must have some BP in your blood cause you are so much fun to talk to..hihi

I also enjoy the company from Bp people.... I think because I'm attracted to everything that thinks and behaves out side of the box.

How does your son deal with his BP?

Old 07-07-2007, 08:57 PM   #28
    luckygem13
    Veteran
    (female)

luckygem13 HB User

Hi Dutches,

My son is going to the keys next week with his friends. I'm sending his Dad along to give him drug tests and extra supervision. Dad will stay in a separate room. I'm too scared to medicate my son, he is 17 years old and occaisonally abuses drugs and alcohol. We are working on it but it's hard because just about all the kids do at this age. I have him take Omega 3 supplements 3Xday, it's a natural mood stabilizer.

The keys are great for snorkeling and fishing. Lobster season is lots of fun

Luckygem

Closed Thread