It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• anxiety makes me depressed

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-01-2007, 09:44 AM   #1
    earthdayapril22
    (female)

earthdayapril22 HB User
    Red face anxiety makes me depressed

Hi, recently i'm having bad anxiety problems which I feel that I can't control and as result I feel depressed. Now I can't sleep, eat, concentrate, i've been crying, and I am looking for a job ( I just graduated college) but with all these problems I don't think I can work. My Gyn gave me Vistaril 50 mig for anxiety but all it does is putting me to sleep and the next day i'm very sleepy, lightheaded and as anxious as before. Tomorow i'm going to my family doctor. And all of this happened in less that 4 days.

The worst part is that I'm afraid I will loose my boyfriend because all the time i'm with him i'm quite and sad and normally i'm not like that so he feels the extreme changes in me and i don't think he'll be able to cope with him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Have a nice day
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2007, 02:41 PM   #2
    marian100
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

marian100 HB User
    Re: anxiety makes me depressed

I'm sorry you are feeling so bad. Often anxiety and depression go hand in hand. Hopefully you will get on an antidepressant that will deal with both of those. I also hope that your boyfriend will stick it out for the couple of weeks it will take to start to feel better. If he's a decent guy who really cares about you, he will. If not, it might be better to know now that he isn't the kind of person who can be there for you. Hope your dr visit goes well. Godbless

Old 07-01-2007, 02:52 PM   #3
    Dakota_Skye
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by earthdayapril22 View Post
    Hi, recently i'm having bad anxiety problems which I feel that I can't control and as result I feel depressed. Now I can't sleep, eat, concentrate, i've been crying, and I am looking for a job ( I just graduated college) but with all these problems I don't think I can work. My Gyn gave me Vistaril 50 mig for anxiety but all it does is putting me to sleep and the next day i'm very sleepy, lightheaded and as anxious as before. Tomorow i'm going to my family doctor. And all of this happened in less that 4 days.
    The worst part is that I'm afraid I will loose my boyfriend because all the time i'm with him i'm quite and sad and normally i'm not like that so he feels the extreme changes in me and i don't think he'll be able to cope with him.
    hi there,

since this all happend within the past four days, it makes me think about what's happened in your life recently. i think the major changes that have happened are the culprit. what do you think? i mean if you haven't had anxiety (major) and depression before this, all these feelings MAY be linked to what you're going through now.

it's difficult when you've just finished college and are looking for a job. normal anxiety that we all have can definitely go through the roof, and that can cause depressive symptoms like you're describing. you wrote that you can't control the anxiety. you may also believe in your head that you can't really control what's going to happen now that you finished school...whether or not you'll find a job, and if you do, what kind of job you'll be offered (entry level...). if it's truly this, i think this anxiety is normal. and this feeling of sadness is normal as well!!!

go see your primary doc anyway. see what they have to say about all this. make sure you tell him/her everything you said in this post here.

wishing you much luck and success in your future!!!

Old 07-01-2007, 03:21 PM   #4
    earthdayapril22
    (female)

earthdayapril22 HB User
    Red face Re: anxiety makes me depressed

Also I forgot to mention that I just finished my first month of lupron depot shot (For endometriosis) and I read that some of the side effects of low estrogen levels are insomnia, anxiety, depression, emotional liability...

I don't know if the anxiety/depression/insomnia is related to the lupron or to my current issues. The thing is that I find really weird that suddenly one day I felt really anxious and by the end of the day really depressed and couldn't sleep... this has been going on for 4-5 days. I talk to my gyn and told her I won't continue my lupron treatment.

Have a nice day

Old 07-01-2007, 05:39 PM   #5
    earthdayapril22
    (female)

earthdayapril22 HB User
    Question Re: anxiety makes me depressed

my question is does depression starts one day all of a sudden or does it takes time to build up ( this is what I think)..... because for me this came all of a sudden and extremely intense so i'm guessing it's Lupron related.

Have a nice day

Old 07-02-2007, 06:35 AM   #6
    Sannah
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Earthday, have you ever been anxious before? For me, I was always anxious but when changes occurred (like your graduating) it just threw a wrench into the mix and made coping very difficult. As others have said, anxiety can cause depression if the feelings are just too overwhelming. The treatment side-effect sounds very convincing too, however.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:31 AM   #7
    ChaosAD
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ChaosAD HB User

For me I know Anxiety can lead right into Depression. It always felt like the depression just 'appeared' one day, but when I am able to look at it in hindsight, it actually was a build up process. Like Sannah said, for me change is a main catalyst for any anxiety for me. Also, not having control also sends me down that path. So if either or god forbid both happen I will get the Anxiety and depending on the situation it can directly lead right into Depression.

There are two things I would suggest. First would be seeing a Therapist so you can talk and diagnose some of things going on. I know for me that was the biggest help as there was/is stuff going on in my head and environment I never even realized. It has helped me grow and learn a lot. The other thing is sleep. I know this is easier said then done a lot of times. The thing is, sleep is tied to a lot more of our lives then ppl realize. A good nights sleep is thing ever for you. So hopefully you can start getting some sleep, even if it is w/ a herbal or drug aid for now. You will find that once you start getting the right amount of sleep some of the stress and problems start going away.

I wish you the best!

Old 07-02-2007, 06:47 PM   #8
    earthdayapril22
    (female)

earthdayapril22 HB User
    Question Re: anxiety makes me depressed

I went to the doc and he gave me Effexor XR 37.5 MG and clonazepan for me to sleep at night.

any experiences???

Have a nice day

Old 07-08-2007, 03:55 AM   #9
    renee37
    (female)

renee37 HB User

I am new to this post, but I would like to say that I have taken Lupron injections. I took 4 out of the 6 that I was supposed to. I could not handle the others. The thing about Lupron is that it puts your body into menopause. It completly changes your hormones and in general plays havoc with your system. I felt all of the same things that you mentioned. After a few months on the stuff, I decided I would rather have the endometreosis. This happened to me about 4 years ago and I still think my hormones are still off kilter. Good luck to you on this.

Old 07-08-2007, 06:29 AM   #10
    mycatwillow
    (female)

mycatwillow HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by earthdayapril22 View Post
    I went to the doc and he gave me Effexor XR 37.5 MG and clonazepan for me to sleep at night.

any experiences???
    I am on Effexor but it's 187.5 mg. I also took clonazepam for about 6 weeks to help me get through a really rough patch. I basically slept a lot, which to me is better than not sleeping at all. I'm also on Remeron and Trazodone. The Trazodone was also increased to help with sleep, because I don't take the Clonazepam anymore because I was starting to depend on it too much, but I think it saved my life.

My doctor told me to take the Effexor in the morning because it could possibly make my sleep worse.

Closed Thread