It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Once again, allergic to antidepressants!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-04-2007, 09:39 PM   #1
    hopetofeelwell1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hopetofeelwell1 HB User
    Once again, allergic to antidepressants!

Hi all! I have been trying to find a good combo of meds to help with depression and anxiety, but no sooner do I start to feel better, I begin to get the hives and rashes from some of the ingredients. I just completed 3 weeks of 30 mg. of Cymbalta and went up to 60 mg. for 9 days and broke out in the hives, eczema, and folliculitis. The 30 mg. is a blue and white capsule, and the 60 mg. is yellow and green. I am very sensitive to dyes and now my psychiatrist sees it my way--I can't have any pills with DYE in them!! I have such horrible luck with meds. Granted, I'm in recovery many years from alcohol and other prescription meds, so I'm sensitive that way, too, but when you have depression and anxiety issues that can't be treated properly, what are you suppose to do? Is there anyone else in the same boat as me? Drop me a line and let me know. Thanks so much--Hopeto--

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2007, 12:12 AM   #2
    luckygem13
    Veteran
    (female)

luckygem13 HB User
    Re: Once again, allergic to antidepressants!

Have you tried the Emsam patch? I have some allergies too, not severe but moderate. I was afraid I was going to be allergic to the patch because I have allergies to adhesives and latex. I can't wear a bandaid without getting a rash. Turns out I've done fine with it. It is important to remove all adhesive residue after you remove the patch. You replace it each day. The best thing about it is NO weight gain.

Good luck to you!

Old 07-05-2007, 07:30 AM   #3
    Sannah
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Therapy?..

Old 07-05-2007, 08:32 AM   #4
    luckygem13
    Veteran
    (female)

luckygem13 HB User

or CES? There is a thread on it.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:30 AM   #5
    Breezes
    (male)

Breezes HB User

I've found aerobic exercise to be very good for depression, anxiety, and sleep. I'd suggest doing a search on it. The studies are impressive. Combining that with therapy is a highly effective natural way to fight depression.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:44 AM   #6
    luckygem13
    Veteran
    (female)

luckygem13 HB User

There is also light therapy, heat therapy (someone here has a thread on it), and essential oils. I tried acupuncture once, it did nothing and was a little uncomfortable. Omega 3's and Chromium picolinate are supposed to be good. I tried Sam e but it upset my stomach. St John's Wort did nothing for me.

Closed Thread