It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Night Tremors

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-05-2007, 07:05 PM   #1
    serengetti78
    (female)

serengetti78 HB User
    Night Tremors

Has anyone experienced whole body tremors at night while on Effexor XR, Seroquel, Propanonol, and over the counter acid reducer (Ranitidine)? I've been on the antidepressant and antipsychotic since 2003 and the propanonol for a year. The tremors seemed to have started over the past two weeks, are slight, and seem to be only at night.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2007, 12:17 PM   #2
    jujubeez725
    (female)

jujubeez725 HB User
    Re: Night Tremors

Wow. You might want to check with your doctor and let him/her know about the tremors.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:04 PM   #3
    kittywitty
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User

I used to get tremors at night with Prozac. It would happen shortly after I laid down. I wasn't even close to falling asleep and my whole body would jerk. I found that if I cut back on caffeine, I still got them, just a little less.

Last edited by kittywitty; 07-06-2007 at 09:09 PM.

Old 07-07-2007, 04:17 PM   #4
    Dannie87
    (female)

Dannie87 HB User

I have never had night tremmors, but when i first started taking ADs by body got a bt trembley during the days, that has since passed as i have adjusted to the chemicals.

BUT and this is a big but..

I cannot for the life of me get to sleep at night, i have tried exercise, warm milk, no TV, computers of bright lights, i have stopped drinking coffee altogether, rarely have alcohol,

I starterd taking something called Restiva, this puts my to sleep in less than an hour, but i have become addicted to it which i am not happy about. Is there anything out there that would help me get to sleep that is a low chemical dose and not addictive?

Old 07-11-2007, 11:03 PM   #5
    Alex6657
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Alex6657 HB User

serengetti, I agree that you should talk to your doctor about this.

I don't have tremors from medications... I have what they call essential tremors, or familial (inherited) tremors. My hands shake a great deal of the time and get worse with anxiety or nervousness. This type of tremors happens when you're doing something rather than when you're at rest. The problem I have when I'm at rest is muscle "twitches". Sometimes they're mild, but there are times they are so intense, and happening in multiple parts of my body simultaneously, that they will wake me up if I've started to drift off. They bother my boyfriend if they're bad after I've fallen asleep; he says sometimes I shake the whole bed. Has anyone else experienced that? (and I suppose I should take my own advice... )

Good luck to you, serengetti!

Closed Thread