It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Weight loss success after Remeron?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-10-2007, 09:44 PM   #1
    MsMafioso
    (female)

MsMafioso HB User
    Weight loss success after Remeron?

I've been on Remeron for about a year now and unfortunately I've gained loads of weight from it. I was underweight before starting it and now I'm overweight for the first time in my life.
    I'm thinking about stopping Remeron (with doctors advice, of course) but I'm wondering if anyone has successfully lost their Remeron weight? And how long did it take you to lose it?

Last edited by MsMafioso; 07-10-2007 at 09:49 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2007, 01:00 PM   #2
    livinTX
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

livinTX HB User
    Re: Weight loss success after Remeron?

I gained a lot of weight on Remeron. I was very underweight to start with (dealing with anorexia) and some genius doctor thought this would be the solution to curing my eating disorder. Well, it went from anorexia to binge eating and purging (but I was still gaining weight). I gained so much weight, I went from severely underweight to slightly overweight. Then, I got fed up and just quit taking the Remeron (plus, it made me so sluggish during the day, I had zero motivation).

I'm not sure if this will be the case for you, but in my case, the weight pretty much just fell off once I quit the Remeron and quit bingeing. I'd say in 3-4 months after quitting, I returned to my normal set weight which turned out to be low-normal for my height (I've a small frame size) without dieting and just moderate exercise (walking) 3-4 days a week. I'm guessing Remeron put my weight up to about 135-140 lb. (I'm 5'4"), and after I lost weight, it went to 110-115 lb. and hardly budged from there except now (I'm 18 weeks pregnant). Of course, at this time, I was also starting graduate school and teaching 3 hour labs 2-3 days a week (lots of standing and energy involved in teaching), so I also had a lot more to focus on besides food.

Last edited by livinTX; 07-11-2007 at 01:04 PM.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:36 PM   #3
    livinTX
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

livinTX HB User
    Re: Weight loss success after Remeron?

No, I didn't have any withdrawals from it. Maybe if you have problems coming off of it, your doc could try you out on a different med?

Closed Thread