It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• I just started Citralopram

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-11-2007, 06:35 AM   #1
    The L in London
    (male)

The L in London HB User
    Thumbs up I just started Citralopram

Went to the doctors this morning and she put me on Citralopram which I think is called Celexia in the USA.So,here we go again. I read on the net some peoples experience with this drug and some of the side effects look a little tough but I'm happy to be trying something other than Mitrazipine.
    She was a little rushed this morning,they were busy there,and I got a little
    concerned she thought I was looking for some magic life fix to acheive permanent euphoria...which would be nice but not realistic of course.She a good doc though and knows my history well.She was serious about checking
    I was still in therapy,Which i am.

The L

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2007, 08:48 AM   #2
    justlilme
    (female)

justlilme HB User
    Re: I just started Citralopram

Good for you! I just posted to sadwifeandmom about my experience starting this med. Each person is different and will experience different side effects. My doctor is a male who took this med for 9mos and he told me that he didn't have any serious side effects other than an occasional yawn here and there. Hopefully you'll have a similar experience.

Good luck!

Old 07-11-2007, 10:33 AM   #3
    sadwifeandmom
    (female)

sadwifeandmom HB User

Good luck and keep us posted. I start mine today, I am opting to take it with dinner. I am not a great pill taker, I forget a lot, so I chose dinner so my husband can help remind me. Dinner is always eaten as a family so I know I can get help remembering. :-)

Old 07-11-2007, 01:22 PM   #4
    ExTra111
    Inactive
    (female)

ExTra111 HB User

Hello my fellow Londoner, good luck with the Citalopram. It did nothing for me, but like anyone else says, it depends on the person. How have you been in general?

ExTra

Closed Thread