It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Wellbutrin the answer?? Insecure, hopeless, bored easily... Help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-10-2007, 09:07 AM   #1
    Daniella3344
    (female)

Daniella3344 HB User
    Unhappy Wellbutrin the answer?? Insecure, hopeless, bored easily... Help!

I'm 26 female and have been engaged to my fiance for 8 months now. Hes the upbeat, the more friends the merrier, the social butterfly type of guy. I love him to death and I think he's the only person that can make me "over the top happy) But compared to his personality, I am just the opposite. I love staying in and being alone with my fiance everyday, every hour. And I'd rather be on the computer (sometimes looking for solutions to help my lack of self confidence, self-worth, social anxiety, mild depression and severe insecurity issues) rather than going out and having fun with a group of friends. I was never like this, I was just like him, outgoing and upbeat, very social. I think I'm pushing him away cuz I always want to stay in, and he wants us to go out. I don't speak to my family and my best friend as much anymore (only because I get bored easily) and I don't enjoy the things I used to enjoy anymore. I'd rather be alone then being with friends (except my fiance). My fiance is the only person I want to be with during my state of wanting to be alone. I get a little upset (never show it though) when he gets on the phone with his friends. I hate feeling like this!

I am super sensitive, and I think the worst things. Like, if someone says hi to my fiance rather than me, I think, "Is he more of a valuable person than I am? Is he better looking than I am?" etc, etc. This is killing me. I need to get better.

I was never ever like this. I have no enjoyment in anything anymore. I want to be the confident, robust, social person I once was with no severe insecurity issues.

My question is: Does Wellbutrin help? How will it help?

Thanks so much!

P.S. This is an issue I have to face everyday. I'm sorry to include my fiance so many times, but hes the only one I see everyday. The real issue is me, not him, he's great. I want to feel like there is more to life than being alone, and not wanting to see or speak to anyone. I want to get out of this cage and feel carefree, confident and not insecure anymore. Please help and please let me know on your experience with wellbutrin!!

Thanks again!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2007, 01:21 PM   #2
    Kiasmama
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kiasmama HB User
    Re: Wellbutrin the answer?? Insecure, hopeless, bored easily... Help!

I think the first thing you need to do is have a visit to your GP and make sure medically everything is ok. Sometimes the thyroid can be a culprit in this sort of thing. If everything checks out ok, then you might want to seek out a therapist. I would not at all jump right into a drug...especially not knowing what the problem is. Good luck

Closed Thread