It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Wellbutrin & Tiredness

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-07-2007, 08:13 AM   #1
    brandy76
    (female)

brandy76 HB User
    Thumbs down Wellbutrin & Tiredness

I've been on Wellbutrin 300mg for a month now & I'm still so exhausted. I take it as soon as i wake up @ 6am & i never feel that burst of energy that I thought Wellbutrin is supposed to give.

I'm dragging myself around so much now. Have any of you felt this way? I don't want to go on a diff med, because most of them are known to make u slow down.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2007, 02:04 PM   #2
    lv2srf
    (female)

lv2srf HB User
    Re: Wellbutrin & Tiredness

Have you tried taking it at night before you go to bed, when the tiredness might work for you?

I don't know that the other meds necessarily make everyone tired. Each person responds to each med uniquely. Another person could be totally amped up on Wellbutrin for instance. Talk to your doctor about what is going on with you and the Wellbutrin.

Old 12-20-2007, 02:53 PM   #3
    Seymour93
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Seymour93 HB User

Hopefully this will change shortly. A month may not be enough time to get a true reading......Good luck

Old 12-25-2007, 08:49 PM   #4
    legaleagle71
    (male)

legaleagle71 HB User

I have the same problem with Wellbutrin, which I have been on for about a year now (SR100 2x daily). It also increases my appetite, and makes me very agitated.

Old 12-25-2007, 11:15 PM   #5
    Flourish
    (female)

Flourish HB User

While I don't feel tired, I do have some odd effects on Wellbutrin (or the technical term 'Bupropion')

For instance, when I go to bed, I usually wake up after about 40 minutes in tons of pain and I feel like my skin is crawling. I know it's the Wellbutrin because this happened shortly after I started taking it and I haven't had any other changes to my lifestyle. My legs feel like they need stretching so I stretch them out and that feels good but they feel worse afterwards.

Another side effect is very real and very horribly disturbing dreams...

The only thing that's been able to help is an extra strength Advil before I go to bed. It doesn't help the dreams though.

Sorry, I kind of went off topic a bit - I would suggest as lv2srf did and try taking it before you go to bed? Over all, that's not what the drug should be doing and maybe you'd like to talk to your doctor about it.

Closed Thread