It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Side Effects of St John's Wort?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-16-2008, 08:06 AM   #1
    gchild
    (male)

gchild HB User
    Side Effects of St John's Wort?

Hi all, I've been trying 900mg of st john's wort a day to help w/ my depression and anxiety for about 3 weeks now. what i've noticed is that in about the same time my attpetite has really decreased where I have to force myself to eat (although I'm less active now, job hunting so that my have some bearings as well) how long does some of the positive benefits of the herb take usually?

I've also noticed that my anixety gets real bad in the am right after i wake up lately. could this be a side effect as well?

has anyone tried amoryn or seredyn, two herbal products reported to have better outcomes than st john's wort?

how are people's responses to st john's wort as opposed to 5-HTP supplement? I assume you should not take both at the same time?

thanks

Last edited by gchild; 02-16-2008 at 04:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Synthroid and St. John's Wort Dawn80 Thyroid Disorders 4 04-25-2011 04:23 PM
    Atenolol With St. John's Wort Modularman High & Low Blood Pressure 1 10-15-2007 01:24 AM
    supplements along side antidepressants Johndg2 Depression 15 03-27-2006 09:10 PM
    st john's wort side effects? ratboy83 Vitamins & Supplements 2 09-15-2005 05:30 AM
    Birth Control and St.John's Wort WhiskersOnKittens Birth Control 2 06-25-2004 06:13 PM
    Anxious about depression - 5-htp/St John's Wort? Nuncy Anxiety 3 09-15-2003 03:25 PM
    St. John's Wort? kurt25 Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) 2 09-02-2003 04:31 PM
    St. John's Wort... Interactions ? Just-A-Boy Alternative Medicine 1 10-20-2002 12:15 PM