It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• I don't want to be here anymore...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-06-2008, 01:22 AM   #1
    NegativeThinker
    (female)

NegativeThinker HB User
    Unhappy I don't want to be here anymore...

I am fed up with crying,having no energy, being tired all the time and everything being an effort. I feel so worthless, useless and a failure. I have nothing to look forward to anymore. I have lost taste in many hobbies like playing computer games, being with my friends. I keep thinking they don't really like me. I am so stupid. I deserve being hated. If I had been a better person... I hate this world and I hate life. Life sucks. I wasn't meant to be happy. I am always sad and crying. I always hope I will

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2008, 02:02 AM   #2
    marantz1935
    (male)

marantz1935 HB User
    Re: I don't want to be here anymore...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NegativeThinker View Post
    I am fed up with crying,having no energy, being tired all the time and everything being an effort. I feel so worthless, useless and a failure. I have nothing to look forward to anymore. I have lost taste in many hobbies like playing computer games, being with my friends. I keep thinking they don't really like me. I am so stupid. I deserve being hated. If I had been a better person... I hate this world and I hate life. Life sucks. I wasn't meant to be happy. I am always sad and crying. I always hope I will
    Hi,

Sorry to hear you feel the way you do.

If you are up to it, check out a book by Victor E Frankl entitled: Man's Search for Meaning. Of course substitute the Man in the title for Woman.

Good luck,

Marantz.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:20 AM   #3
    lv2srf
    (female)

lv2srf HB User

I'm sorry things feel so cruddy at the moment. I too have BTDT. Everything you mentioned in your post I could have written too--like a checklist for depression. How long have you been feeling this way?

But talk to your doctor, if you haven't already. There's treatment out there and it can work.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:07 AM   #4
    Pri Lily
    Inactive
    (female)

Pri Lily HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NegativeThinker View Post
    Everything in bold....wrong, rubbish, garbage, bullpucky...

Your thinking is WRONG....

Two years ago, I was just like you.....I actually tried to never wake up again. But that wasn't working very well for me. So I decided that if I was going to be here for a while, I would rather be very different than I had been up until then.

You obviously know, from your screen name, that you are a negative thinker. Get some self help books CBT preferably...try to find a course to learn how to use CBT, or maybe we can help. Once those thoughts start going away, you'll notice how all the things you enjoyed will come back...and then some.

Stop worrying what other people think. You are in charge of you. Your opinion is the one that matters. You are basing your worth on your assumptions of what other people are thinking...you don't know what they're thinking.

I was told by a therapist..."Unfortunately, most people wouldn't have the time to devote to what they think of you, that you're giving them credit for"

It's true!

Please let us know...

Lil

Old 04-09-2008, 10:25 AM   #5
    Survivor3
    Veteran
    (male)

Survivor3 HB User

Cognitive behavioral therapy will work given time. Gradually you will slip out of old patterns of thinking.

Closed Thread