It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Bed Wetting

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-24-2008, 02:29 PM   #1
    Nickle00
    (female)

Nickle00 HB User
    Bed Wetting

My 30 year old boyfriend has been wetting the bed. He suffers from depression/anxiety and is on Effexor. I know his medication prevents him from having orgasms and I know depression can onset adult bed wetting. My question is this: First of all do you think the pills can be causing it? Secondly, is there anything we can do to prevent it from happening. I'm sure he's terribly embarassed and I feel horrible and want to do what I can to help. Thank you very much!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2008, 02:52 PM   #2
    skyy11
    Veteran
    (female)

skyy11 HB User
    Re: Bed Wetting

I can relate to your question. My Husband has had issues w/ his bladder since childhood so he tells me. He can go a couple of months, then suddenly he has an accident at night. It seems if he has drinks before bed, it happens more. He also has depression and anxiety problems sometimes.
    He has tried meds. for the bed wetting, but did not stay on them because it gave him cotton mouth.They did not seem to work anyway.
    I just do not know if he will ever stop. It does bother me -I never know when it will happen. And I had never, ever had to even think about this issue before him. I wish I could help him or the Dr.'s out there could. They can not find anything wrong. But he has only been to one Dr.
    Hope you can find some answers.
    Sincerely,
    skyy11

Closed Thread