It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Nauseated Anyone else experienced such? Zoloft, Trileptal & Generic Restoril

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-15-2008, 07:17 AM   #1
    Aarondawg
    (male)

Aarondawg HB User
    Post Nauseated Anyone else experienced such? Zoloft, Trileptal & Generic Restoril

Hey there,

I have finally seem to get a combo that is working for me: 50 mg of Zoloft and 600mg of Trileptal. However, I have been taking it now for almost 8 weeks and I am experiencing nausea, which started about 2 weeks ago. I just feel like I want to throw up and queasy but of course I don't, plus the pre throw up taste is in my mouth . My stool was really loose a few weeks ago but it is now better. I take both medicines in the morning with food, a bowl of oatmeal.

I also take 15 mg of Restoril at night get my sleeping pattern back.

One note: The doctor wrote the prescriptions for generic brands but I insisted on non-generic for the Zoloft and Trileptal (I am paying the difference) but the Restoril is generic. Not sure if the generic Restoril is the culprit.

Another Note: I did drop down the Trileptal to 300mg for a week but I now back up to 600mg after speaking with my doctor.

Please provide any comments. I see my doctor again next month.

Thanks,
    Aarondawg

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2008, 02:57 PM   #2
    littlesadone
    (female)

littlesadone HB User
    Re: Nauseated Anyone else experienced such? Zoloft, Trileptal & Generic Restoril

I felt that way when I was on Effexor. Sick to my stomach all the time. It was my blood pressure, caused by the Effexor. Take your blood pressure and see if it's too high or too low. Just a thought....a lot of drugs hurt my stomach and it is hard to find something that works without side effects. Good luck to you....hope you find something that works with few side effects.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:30 PM   #3
    Aarondawg
    (male)

Aarondawg HB User
    Re: Nauseated Anyone else experienced such? Zoloft, Trileptal & Generic Restoril

Thank you. I am better this evening.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:14 PM   #4
    granny0
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

granny0 HB User

I've had stomach upset when starting new anti-depressants. Since you've been on them for six weeks and just started with the nausea, it may be a stomach bug, stress, who knows. If it continues, you should see your doctor.

Best wishes,

JB

Old 05-18-2008, 05:12 PM   #5
    zachboy
    (male)

zachboy HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aarondawg View Post
    Hey there,

I have finally seem to get a combo that is working for me: 50 mg of Zoloft and 600mg of Trileptal. However, I have been taking it now for almost 8 weeks and I am experiencing nausea, which started about 2 weeks ago. I just feel like I want to throw up and queasy but of course I don't, plus the pre throw up taste is in my mouth . My stool was really loose a few weeks ago but it is now better. I take both medicines in the morning with food, a bowl of oatmeal.

I also take 15 mg of Restoril at night get my sleeping pattern back.

One note: The doctor wrote the prescriptions for generic brands but I insisted on non-generic for the Zoloft and Trileptal (I am paying the difference) but the Restoril is generic. Not sure if the generic Restoril is the culprit.

Another Note: I did drop down the Trileptal to 300mg for a week but I now back up to 600mg after speaking with my doctor.

Please provide any comments. I see my doctor again next month.

Thanks,
    Aarondawg
    Aarondawg what dose of Trileptal did your doctor start you on? I read that you're only taking 600mg per day. My neurologist started me on 300mg per day. After 2 days of taking it my entire body broke out in rashes while I was running. My neurologist said it doesn't make sense because I've been taking Tegretol for 16 years. He said Tegretol and Trileptal are nearly identical drugs.

He wants me to start taking Trileptal again at 75mg per day. I'm just wondering if I had an allergic reaction or just a common rash outbreak for starting the dose too high?

Old 05-18-2008, 05:36 PM   #6
    Aarondawg
    (male)

Aarondawg HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zachboy View Post
    Aarondawg what dose of Trileptal did your doctor start you on? I read that you're only taking 600mg per day. My neurologist started me on 300mg per day. After 2 days of taking it my entire body broke out in rashes while I was running. My neurologist said it doesn't make sense because I've been taking Tegretol for 16 years. He said Tegretol and Trileptal are nearly identical drugs.

He wants me to start taking Trileptal again at 75mg per day. I'm just wondering if I had an allergic reaction or just a common rash outbreak for starting the dose too high?
    Hey there, I started on 300mg for 5 days and then up to 600mg for thereafter. I have read that a rash is a true allergic reaction. My nausea is starting to subside some, but it is still lingering some. I am hoping that my body is finally starting to adjust to my meds.

Of course, "Nearly" the same is not 100% the same.

Regards,
    Aarondawg

Closed Thread