It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Wellbutrin SR side effects

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-17-2008, 08:32 PM   #1
    purplelover27
    (female)

purplelover27 HB User
    Question Wellbutrin SR side effects

Hello everyone, I'm very new to this so hang in there w/ me as I struggle to get this out.

I recently (1 week ago) switched from Lexapro to Wellbutrin SR. I'm taking 150 mgs daily...I take two pills a day. I have been experiencing some side effects but only after I've taken the second dose of the day. The side effects I'm experiencing are stomach pain, diarrhea, sleepiness, headache, nausea...etc. Its also very strange because I have these symptoms and then maybe an hour or two later I am full of energy. The side effects I've read about (for the most part) are racing heart, dizziness, and being more irritable. I'm not having any of those symptoms at all.

Has anyone else experienced these side effects? Should I not take the second dose for a while so my body can adjust? Any feedback on this would be GREAT!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2010, 09:55 PM   #2
    hmj211
    (female)

hmj211 HB User
    Re: Wellbutrin SR side effects

I actually came to the board to post that I have been feeling ALL of those symptoms--racing heart, additional irritability, exhausted anger. Some of it is situational, but it might be the drugs. Whatever it is, they seem to be making things worse.

I'm on 50 mg of sertraline (generic for Zoloft) and for the past two or three weeks have added 150 budeprion SR (generic for Wellbutrin). If you're not experiencing anything now you might try a higher dose. Bring up your concerns to your doctor first. If you're really worried.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:33 PM   #3
    mmKay
    (female)

mmKay HB User
    Re: Wellbutrin SR side effects

Quote:
    Originally Posted by purplelover27 View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm very new to this so hang in there w/ me as I struggle to get this out.

I recently (1 week ago) switched from Lexapro to Wellbutrin SR. I'm taking 150 mgs daily...I take two pills a day. I have been experiencing some side effects but only after I've taken the second dose of the day. The side effects I'm experiencing are stomach pain, diarrhea, sleepiness, headache, nausea...etc. Its also very strange because I have these symptoms and then maybe an hour or two later I am full of energy. The side effects I've read about (for the most part) are racing heart, dizziness, and being more irritable. I'm not having any of those symptoms at all.

Has anyone else experienced these side effects? Should I not take the second dose for a while so my body can adjust? Any feedback on this would be GREAT!
    I started out Wellbutrin SR with just 1 dose in the morning and when the doctor saw that I was doing fine he said to start taking the second dose in the evening. I didn't have any problems when I added the second dose so you should ask your doctor if you can take just 150 mg until your body gets used to it. Now my doctor gave me Wellbutrin XL so that I only have to take one pill in the morning, you could ask for that instead.

Closed Thread