It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• From Wellbutrin to Lamictal, not good

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-03-2009, 08:19 AM   #1
    sweetsarah2009
    (female)

sweetsarah2009 HB User
    Unhappy From Wellbutrin to Lamictal, not good

Hello everyone,
    I was on 300 mg of Wellbutrin XL and was having ringing in my ears, so my doc switched me to 150 of Wellbutrin, and Lamictal. I started Sat. night.

Well now I just feel worse. My energy has dropped, and I am very teary, which I haven't been in years. I know the doc said Lamictal would take 4-5 weeks to work, but I didn't imagine feeling so crappy so fast.

I have a appt with the doc Thursday, but can anybody tell me, did this happen to you too? Or is it just a really quick sign that Lamictal is not going to be for me. I can't go on like this for 4-5 weeks. I have a daughter I have to care for, and right now I am thinking I am going to deal with this by putting her infornt of the TV, which is unlike me becuase I try to keep her down to just 1 hour a day.

Please share,
    Thanks,
    Sarah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
    cocos421
    (female)

cocos421 HB User
    Re: From Wellbutrin to Lamictal, not good

I currently take both those meds which work well for me. One time I decided to stop taking the Welbutrin and I became extremely tired. I read that this is a side effect of withdrawal, and I couldn't deal with the tiredness, so I started taking it again and felt better instantly.
    I also remember I was somewhat irritable and depressed. I cried to my husband and sister.
    Maybe this is because of the decrease in Welbutrin that you are feeling this way??
    I did stop cold turkey, however.
    I hope you start to feel better soon.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:27 PM   #3
    Someday25
    (female)

Someday25 HB User
    Re: From Wellbutrin to Lamictal, not good

I have taken both of those meds as well and did not have that side effect. I am still currently on 300mg of Wellbutrin. I get the 75 mg and take 4 a night (its VERY cheap for me to take it that way, since I do not have insurance, only 12 bucks!) I don't know what the difference of the XL, SR and regular are...maybe try to get the SR? I dunno.

If you are experiencing that bad of a side effect I would stop taking it. Well, dont just stop taking it, but I would go back to your doc and tell him to try something else. Then have him/her switch you to something else. There are SOOOO many different meds out there, there WILL be something that works that will not make you feel like that. There is no reason to feel so bad, especially when you have a daughter. Yeah, there will be some side effects that DO go away, but not so bad. Ive tried many medications and after a few days I KNOW i cant last and they switch me. Its always a trial and error with meds. Thats the biggest thing I have learned. You will find something. I promise.

Last edited by Someday25; 02-06-2009 at 07:28 PM. Reason: spelling error!

Closed Thread