It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Quetiapine Seroquel

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-19-2009, 02:58 AM   #1
    Puffin Cat
    (female)

Puffin Cat HB User
    Quetiapine Seroquel

Does anyone know what this drug is for? I am taking 25mg per night. No side effects yet except for a dry mouth. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2009, 06:26 AM   #2
    Heuer
    (male)

Heuer HB User
    Re: Quetiapine Seroquel

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Puffin Cat View Post
    Does anyone know what this drug is for? I am taking 25mg per night. No side effects yet except for a dry mouth. Thank you.
    Medication Fact Book, The Carlat Psychiatry Report:

The indications for Seroquel are schizophrenia, bipolar depression and bipolar mania.
    Target dose: 400 mg to 800 mg/day.

This drug is used off-label for a variety of mood, anxiety, and personality disorders.
    In off-label use in personality disorder, anxiety, and insomnia, dosing often stabilizes at the 25 mg BID-QID range.

The reason that your doctor has prescribed 25 mg of Seroquel is probably to help you sleep.

Heuer

Old 08-20-2009, 06:57 AM   #3
    Puffin Cat
    (female)

Puffin Cat HB User

Dear Heuer, What a relief. I was too afraid to ask my Doctor. Why don't they put our minds at rest. I thought I was paranoid Schitzophrenic. It is so cruel. Thak you so much you have put my mind at rest. Hopefully It will not get worse. However the side effects when I read them horrified me.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:11 AM   #4
    Glenzo
    (male)

Glenzo HB User

I've been prescribed 25mg but it just puts me right out and I feel like a zombie all day.

25mg is supposed to be a really low dose for anxiety and related symptoms. Does not mean you have Schizophrenia or are Psychotic.

I'm told I'm sensitive to this and Chlorpromazine an older anti Schiz/Psychotic.

I'm waiting on my pharmacist making me up a syrup of which I am to take 5ml from a Syringe that is only 12.5mg.

Hope it works with my anxiety and racing thoughts, without the sedation.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:42 PM   #5
    Cowpin8
    (male)

Cowpin8 HB User

I take about 100 mg. at bedtime. It absolutely knocks me out! Sometimes I only take 50 mg. because it is so powerful. It was given to me to help me sleep. I am not bi-polar nor schizophrenic. I have PTSD and Depression. I was unable to sleep until I took Seroquel. I remember the first time I took it. It was only 25 mg. and 45 minutes later I had to run to my bed or I would have fell on the floor!!! I felt like I was hit with a sledgehammer. I try not to take it every night.

Old 08-22-2009, 02:19 AM   #6
    Puffin Cat
    (female)

Puffin Cat HB User

Dear Cowpin, how interesting. I take it every night. I really do not know what I have but the Charle Bonnet thing was so horrible, if it was that. Perhaps it was a knock on the head I had in London when I was 18. I was going to see a film and my boyfriend parked the car while I waited at the entrance of the car park and I was knocked on the head by that bar thing that lets the cars into the car park. Perhaps it was that? Who knows. However that was years and years ago. Thinking of you.

Closed Thread