It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Wellbutrin + Lexapro + Trazodone

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-25-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
    Bellestina
    (female)

Bellestina HB User
    Exclamation Wellbutrin + Lexapro + Trazodone

4 months ago, my doctor put me on Lexapro, starting at 10mg and gradually increasing to 30mg per day. It helped a lot with mood regulation, depression and anxiety, however it made me so drowsy that i had little motivation to do anything but sleep.

So now i've started takng Wellbutrin XL with the lexapro, at a dose of 150mg per day. It has helped a lot with activating me and giving me that boost that i so needed, however I just can't sleep and it's driving me crazy.

Now my doctor wants to add Trazadone to that cocktail so i will sleep at night.

Has anyone else ever done something similar in the past?

I have also been wondering whether i should switch from lexapro to prozac as prozac is said to be an activating SSRI but from the posts I've read here so far, it seems prozac makes people just as drowsy as lexapro does.

Also, one of my problems is eating disorders and apparently prozac has been proven to help with that, whilst lexapro seems to make people gain weight (i only gained 6lbs in the 3 months that i took it alone.)

any words of advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2009, 06:29 AM   #2
    hannahblue
    (female)

hannahblue HB User
    Re: Wellbutrin + Lexapro + Trazodone

I just started 150 wellbutrin and am on 20 mg lexapro also
    lexapro has done well for me about 6 yrs I did gain weight
    and have been trying to loose so far day 3 of wellbutrin I am not ravenous hungry all the time and have lost 4 pounds I hope tis continues since we are both taking almost same lets hope we both have good luck

Old 09-26-2009, 10:35 PM   #3
    Bellestina
    (female)

Bellestina HB User

Thanks for the reply. Let me know if the wellbutrin helps you continue to lose weight, and if you also experience insomnia. Btw did the lexapro make you tired? Are you taking both medications at the same time?

Old 09-28-2009, 03:51 AM   #4
    hannahblue
    (female)

hannahblue HB User

I take the Lexapro in the morning and the wellbutrin XL in the evening I havent noticed lexapro making me tired.. so far the wellbutrin may be giving me a lil problem sleeping, I want to take at tylenol PM to help sleep but I dont know if its ok to or not... with the wellbutrin... but I cannot believe how wellbutrin has helped my cravings... I am able to have willpower on eating habits...I hope it stays that way.. I'll keep in touch have a nice day
    write me whenever you want to talk

Old 09-28-2009, 11:34 PM   #5
    Bellestina
    (female)

Bellestina HB User

Have you thought about taking wellbutrin in the morning instead of in the evening? I take my wellbutrin am, lexapro early evening and trazodone now just before I go to bed. Even though trazodone is an anti-depressent and not a sleeping pill, I take quarter of a tablet and I'm passed out for a good 8 hours. I would try taking a lot of melatonin CR before going to sleep, before you try tylenol pm or any other sleep aid that is addictive in anyway. My docter put me on benadryl at first to help me sleep but then realized it wouldn't be a good long term solution so I switched the benadryl to the trazodone.
    Good luck getting some sleep!
    Yeah I have noticed my nicotine cravings have improved so much, thanks to the wellbutrin.

Closed Thread