It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Pristiq Side Effects?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-24-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
    cassara
    (female)

cassara HB User
    Red face Pristiq Side Effects?

Hi I have been on Pristiq for 4 months I felt like it worked up until now. The other day I felt like I had just gone crazy. I called my doctor and she said to just stop taking it. Today is my second day off it and I am feeling dizzy, tingly, itchy and just feel sick to my stomach. I was wondering if anybody has come off it cold turkey and could let me know the withdrawal side effects and how long they last? I would appreciate it if any one could let me know. Thanks Cassara

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2010, 06:12 PM   #2
    fusionqueen
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User
    Re: Pristiq Side Effects?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cassara View Post
    Hi I have been on Pristiq for 4 months I felt like it worked up until now. The other day I felt like I had just gone crazy. I called my doctor and she said to just stop taking it. Today is my second day off it and I am feeling dizzy, tingly, itchy and just feel sick to my stomach. I was wondering if anybody has come off it cold turkey and could let me know the withdrawal side effects and how long they last? I would appreciate it if any one could let me know. Thanks Cassara
    Were you doing OK on it until Now? Any previous side effects. I have been reading about things happening after a few months..that seems so odd and scarey...how are you doing?

Old 02-28-2010, 11:35 AM   #3
    Pj1218
    (female)

Pj1218 HB User

I have been on pristiq for a long time. You are the first person to mention the itching...it is driving me crazy. I am trying to titrate off of Pristiq with Dr's help. Today I had to increase dose because of the side effects. Ugh!!

Old 02-28-2010, 12:09 PM   #4
    fusionqueen
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pj1218 View Post
    I have been on pristiq for a long time. You are the first person to mention the itching...it is driving me crazy. I am trying to titrate off of Pristiq with Dr's help. Today I had to increase dose because of the side effects. Ugh!!
    I take Zyrtec and it stops the itching..I tried to go every other day..thought I would be vomiting or ripping someones head off all day!!!!!!!!!!!! I started back last night and feel much bettter today..keep us udated....are you cutting the pills?

Old 02-28-2010, 04:52 PM   #5
    craftymom2
    (female)

craftymom2 HB User

I have been on Pristiq for almost 4 onths and I itch with it all the time. I am scratching myself raw. I am ready to get off this med. I do not think it has helped me much at all. I have even been feeling more depressed and anxious as well as having a feeling as if I no longer have any emotions or care about anything.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:43 PM   #6
    fusionqueen
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by craftymom2 View Post
    I have been on Pristiq for almost 4 onths and I itch with it all the time. I am scratching myself raw. I am ready to get off this med. I do not think it has helped me much at all. I have even been feeling more depressed and anxious as well as having a feeling as if I no longer have any emotions or care about anything.
    Oh Yes I just told my DR I feel "flat" and my hubby says I am a "house plant!"
    But I am ranting when I try to cut back...may have to go somewhere alone for a month to get off it or directly switch to Effexor or Cymbalta. UGH!!

Have you tried zyrtec or clairtin for the itching?

Old 03-01-2010, 02:09 PM   #7
    Bella0710
    (female)

Bella0710 HB User

Had to write when I saw u said "stopped cold turkey" bcuz they say never to stop ANY med. cold turkey. Ween off it slowly....especially anti-depressents.
    I tried to take Pristiq & only lasted about 4 days bcuz I could not sleep & would wake early a.m. & toss & turn every 30 seconds!!!! Felt like I was losing it.....and that was on only 25mg (actually a bit less bcuz i cut a piece off to lessen dose).....anyways, I stopped mine cold turkey only bcuz i figuerd it had only been 4 days & I still had restless leg & felt even more down then usual.
    If you've been on it for 4mos....if i were you I'd go back on a very small dose (like cut in 1/2 25mg) & then go lower & lower. Stay on the low dose for atleast 4-5 days b4 cutting dose down. This is just what I've been told by docs. in past about coming off any type of med. Good luck!

Closed Thread