It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Depression Message Board

  • Pristiq Side Effects?

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 01-24-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
    cassara
    Newbie
    (female)
     
    cassara's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Location: ma
    Posts: 8
    cassara HB User
    Red face Pristiq Side Effects?

    Hi I have been on Pristiq for 4 months I felt like it worked up until now. The other day I felt like I had just gone crazy. I called my doctor and she said to just stop taking it. Today is my second day off it and I am feeling dizzy, tingly, itchy and just feel sick to my stomach. I was wondering if anybody has come off it cold turkey and could let me know the withdrawal side effects and how long they last? I would appreciate it if any one could let me know. Thanks Cassara

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 01-29-2010, 06:12 PM   #2
    fusionqueen
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    fusionqueen's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2005
    Posts: 1,046
    fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User
    Re: Pristiq Side Effects?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cassara View Post
    Hi I have been on Pristiq for 4 months I felt like it worked up until now. The other day I felt like I had just gone crazy. I called my doctor and she said to just stop taking it. Today is my second day off it and I am feeling dizzy, tingly, itchy and just feel sick to my stomach. I was wondering if anybody has come off it cold turkey and could let me know the withdrawal side effects and how long they last? I would appreciate it if any one could let me know. Thanks Cassara
    Were you doing OK on it until Now? Any previous side effects. I have been reading about things happening after a few months..that seems so odd and scarey...how are you doing?

     
    Old 02-28-2010, 11:35 AM   #3
    Pj1218
    Newbie
    (female)
     
    Pj1218's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2010
    Posts: 1
    Pj1218 HB User
    Re: Pristiq Side Effects?

    I have been on pristiq for a long time. You are the first person to mention the itching...it is driving me crazy. I am trying to titrate off of Pristiq with Dr's help. Today I had to increase dose because of the side effects. Ugh!!

     
    Old 02-28-2010, 12:09 PM   #4
    fusionqueen
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    fusionqueen's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2005
    Posts: 1,046
    fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User
    Re: Pristiq Side Effects?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pj1218 View Post
    I have been on pristiq for a long time. You are the first person to mention the itching...it is driving me crazy. I am trying to titrate off of Pristiq with Dr's help. Today I had to increase dose because of the side effects. Ugh!!
    I take Zyrtec and it stops the itching..I tried to go every other day..thought I would be vomiting or ripping someones head off all day!!!!!!!!!!!! I started back last night and feel much bettter today..keep us udated....are you cutting the pills?

     
    Old 02-28-2010, 04:52 PM   #5
    craftymom2
    Newbie
    (female)
     
    craftymom2's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2010
    Location: WV
    Posts: 4
    craftymom2 HB User
    Re: Pristiq Side Effects?

    I have been on Pristiq for almost 4 onths and I itch with it all the time. I am scratching myself raw. I am ready to get off this med. I do not think it has helped me much at all. I have even been feeling more depressed and anxious as well as having a feeling as if I no longer have any emotions or care about anything.

     
    Old 02-28-2010, 07:43 PM   #6
    fusionqueen
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    fusionqueen's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2005
    Posts: 1,046
    fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User
    Re: Pristiq Side Effects?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by craftymom2 View Post
    I have been on Pristiq for almost 4 onths and I itch with it all the time. I am scratching myself raw. I am ready to get off this med. I do not think it has helped me much at all. I have even been feeling more depressed and anxious as well as having a feeling as if I no longer have any emotions or care about anything.
    Oh Yes I just told my DR I feel "flat" and my hubby says I am a "house plant!"
    But I am ranting when I try to cut back...may have to go somewhere alone for a month to get off it or directly switch to Effexor or Cymbalta. UGH!!

    Have you tried zyrtec or clairtin for the itching?

     
    Old 03-01-2010, 02:09 PM   #7
    Bella0710
    Newbie
    (female)
     
    Bella0710's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2010
    Location: Florida
    Posts: 6
    Bella0710 HB User
    Re: Pristiq Side Effects?

    Had to write when I saw u said "stopped cold turkey" bcuz they say never to stop ANY med. cold turkey. Ween off it slowly....especially anti-depressents.
    I tried to take Pristiq & only lasted about 4 days bcuz I could not sleep & would wake early a.m. & toss & turn every 30 seconds!!!! Felt like I was losing it.....and that was on only 25mg (actually a bit less bcuz i cut a piece off to lessen dose).....anyways, I stopped mine cold turkey only bcuz i figuerd it had only been 4 days & I still had restless leg & felt even more down then usual.
    If you've been on it for 4mos....if i were you I'd go back on a very small dose (like cut in 1/2 25mg) & then go lower & lower. Stay on the low dose for atleast 4-5 days b4 cutting dose down. This is just what I've been told by docs. in past about coming off any type of med. Good luck!

     
    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Pristiq - withdrawal symptoms shygirl76 Depression 48 04-30-2011 07:45 PM
    Abilify, Pristiq, Provigil & Trazodone are the meds I'm on. bono1968 Depression 24 09-14-2010 05:08 AM
    Withdrawal from Pristiq bono1968 Depression 56 07-18-2010 11:09 PM
    withdrawal from Pristiq regicook Depression 15 06-19-2010 01:38 AM
    Pristiq: Leave Me! Vineyard190 Depression 23 06-10-2010 07:13 AM
    Pristiq and terrible sexual side effects LittleBlueGirl Depression 13 04-29-2010 02:47 AM
    Effexor XR compared to Pristiq?? fusionqueen Depression 13 03-19-2010 05:16 AM
    pristiq interstate495 Depression 22 09-30-2009 07:24 PM
    Pristiq & Seroquel? ginger3130 Bipolar Disorder 12 08-21-2009 03:45 AM




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:47 AM.





    © 2020 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!