It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• More depressed than i've ever been

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-01-2010, 09:56 AM   #1
    SPORT46
    (female)

SPORT46 HB User
    Unhappy More depressed than i've ever been

Lately i'm so depressed. I've been depressive my whole life (i'm 49) but this past several months it's gone to a whole new level. Medication is not the issue, zoloft works fine for me, and i've upped it. I've had major problems sleeping (pills don't help) which i believe is what caused my depression to get so much worse. I just wanted to vent here. My personal life is bad, but i don't want to get too much into that here. Most people just don't understand or care, they can not know unless they have been so depressed themselves, every day. it just doesn't go away. My husband is nice but our relationship is what divorce is made of, and my son (special needs teen) is so mean calling me BXXXX every day, and he doesn't wash/hygiene without an argument. I just want to pack up and go somewhere, never to return. I know i can't though, the strings/ties that bind....

Last edited by SPORT46; 03-01-2010 at 09:58 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2010, 12:26 PM   #2
    keenobserver
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

keenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB User
    Re: More depressed than i've ever been

Hi,
    You seem to be going through what others going through depression do but altogether. So how about you explain yourself a little bit here and then we can tell you what you can do. It is very difficult but you need to keep fighting. I think you got your medicine from a doctor and so you need to go back to your doctor and say its not working.

About your son, you need to step up and show that you are in charge in a positive way because being the son of a suffered mother, I can see that he is suffering as well. Your life is difficult, hes a teenager, he isnt sure about anything at this point. Hopefully if you can do things that can make him healthier, you will feel better but you will still need to work on curing your depression.
    Please let us know more about yourself here or privately. We are here for you. Thanks

Old 03-02-2010, 01:07 PM   #3
    SPORT46
    (female)

SPORT46 HB User

He is hard to parent, and it's not easy for him either. Last night he took out his anger on the punching bag using my Tae Bo video. I thought that was really great. I've been more depressed because of sleeping issues, only getting 4 hours a night sleep or none at all. Tonite I am trying Trazedone, maybe that will help. Thanks

Old 03-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #4
    keenobserver
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

keenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB User

Well I hear sleeping problems are down to lack of activities. Im sure you heard this one before though. So what does your doctor say? You should think of all the good things you have done recently when its time to sleep even though the other factors come in the way.

Old 03-02-2010, 02:03 PM   #5
    raiderguard
    (female)

raiderguard HB User
    Smile Re: More depressed than i've ever been

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SPORT46 View Post
    Lately i'm so depressed. I've been depressive my whole life (i'm 49) but this past several months it's gone to a whole new level. Medication is not the issue, zoloft works fine for me, and i've upped it. I've had major problems sleeping (pills don't help) which i believe is what caused my depression to get so much worse. I just wanted to vent here. My personal life is bad, but i don't want to get too much into that here. Most people just don't understand or care, they can not know unless they have been so depressed themselves, every day. it just doesn't go away. My husband is nice but our relationship is what divorce is made of, and my son (special needs teen) is so mean calling me BXXXX every day, and he doesn't wash/hygiene without an argument. I just want to pack up and go somewhere, never to return. I know i can't though, the strings/ties that bind....
    I have been on antidepressants for fifteen years....and they have helped me tremendously. Started on them after the death of my daughter, and every time I tried to get off....I regretted it. Antidepressants are not happy pills, but they are helpful in stabalizing your mood. I had insomnia for three years after my daughter's death. Instead of seeking help, I just suffered. I finally went to the Dr. and was prescribed another antidepresssant to take at night.....It worked and helped my insomnia to the point that, eventually, I was able to get off the antidepressant at night. I think the night time antidepressant was Trazodone....I have been on Zoloft for the past five or six years. I was on Paxil and Prosac before that...Zoloft has been the best for me. It is hard to take a breather when so much is going on in your life that is not positive. My faith in God was tested, but I decided to follow Him no matter what. He has been my strength, and I cannot begin to tell you of the blessings in my life now. Don't give up on your family....don't give up period. I hope that you will find some relief....I did and there is light at the end of the tunnel. Blessings to you.

Closed Thread