It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Sertraline (Zoloft)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-04-2010, 02:29 PM   #1
    261stu
    (male)

261stu HB User
    Sertraline (Zoloft)

I was diagnosed with depression about 8 weeks ago and was prescribed Sertraline 100mg. Less than a week after starting the pills I started experiencing bladder pain and a near constant feeling that I needed to pee. A few days after that I started to experience discomfort in my face, my tongue hurts and I think it is slightly swollen and my teeth and jaw hurt a bit.

After 6 weeks my doctor thought that my problems might be side effects of the Sertraline and I was showing no signed of improved mood so he told me to stop taking it. Now I am nearly 2 weeks off the pills but I am still experiencing the same problems. I am due back to the doctor on Monday so I wanted to ask if anyone has experienced similar problems and how long it took for these symptoms to go away.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2010, 07:25 AM   #2
    SPORT46
    (female)

SPORT46 HB User
    Re: Sertraline (Zoloft)

I've been on zoloft many years. I never heard about that side effect. I wonder why he would start you on 100mg though instead of 50mg. I took 50 mg for a very long time, and even now only take 75mg. I recently had an "overactive" bladder problem and found out it was caused by anxiety. Medication for that and calming exercises got me back on track. Be sure to be checked for a possible UTI.

Closed Thread