It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Depakote ER as mood stabilizer

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-05-2010, 09:17 AM   #1
    NP74
    (female)

NP74 HB UserNP74 HB UserNP74 HB User
    Depakote ER as mood stabilizer

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone here has been prescribed Depakote ER as an add on to your regular AD's? My pdoc prescribed Lamictal about two weeks ago, but my depression got a lot worse, not sure if the Lamictal did it, or if it was just a natural "down". Anyway I spoke to him, and he added Seroquel to the mix, to get me to a point where I would receive a therapeutic benefit from the Lamictal. It turned out that the Seroquel was not covered by my insurance, and I cannot afford over $300 a month for a drug when I am already on a bunch of other drugs. I got a few Seroquel samples, but after reviewing my situation, he told me to get off the Seroquel and the Lamictal, and take 1000 mg Depakote ER every night at bed time.

Do any of you have experience with Depakote ER? I am not bipolar, so I am not sure how it will work for me. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Today I am pretty dizzy, but don't have to work, so will be fine just staying at home taking naps as needed

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
    Goingnuttzagain
    (male)

Goingnuttzagain HB User
    Re: Depakote ER as mood stabilizer

I struggled 3 years in and out of "hospitals" trying to find drugs that worked. Out of everything, depakote ER was probably as close to a miracle drug as i'll ever get. within 5 days my mania subsided, i continued for 5 years on it... rarely even a hypomanic state. It doesn't do anything for depression, at all. but if you're manic, or anxiety prone... this is the drug to be on.

how would seroquel aid depression. even just 25mg's of that levels me for hours.

Last edited by Goingnuttzagain; 11-24-2010 at 08:08 PM.

Closed Thread