It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Celexa- help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-16-2010, 10:55 AM   #1
    RLJones
    (female)

RLJones HB User
    Celexa- help!

Hi! I have been taking celexa for 3 wks now, and don't seem to be feeling any different! I know it takes awhile for the med to "kick in", but I would have thought I would have gotten some benefit by now. My dr only put me on 10mg/ day. Any thoughts out there/ advise????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2010, 11:05 AM   #2
    DeweyTeachnGal
    (female)

DeweyTeachnGal HB User
    Re: Celexa- help!

I've been on 20 mg Celexa daily for a little over a week now, and I almost immediately felt a positive difference in my mood, but I've also replaced Zoloft with it, so I've been on an anti-depressant since October, so that's why mine probably kicked in a little bit faster if this is your first time on an AD for a while. The only side effect I've experienced so far is that I am SO TIRED - I slept for 10 hours last night. I'm a teacher so I need a lot of rest to make sure I have enough energy to work with the little ones, but even after 10 hours of sleep I feel like walking zombie that yawns pretty much 24/7! Frustrating. Is the same thing happening for you?

Old 04-19-2010, 08:07 AM   #3
    RLJones
    (female)

RLJones HB User
    Re: Celexa- help!

No, I'm not tired. I actually have trouble staying asleep. I'll sleep for 6 hrs then wake up with a jolt. (No caffeine since Dec, so that's not it). Maybe I'm not getting as tired as you because of the lower dosage I'm on. My doctor insisted to start with a very low dosage. I'm not sure what to do, I would like to raise my dosage so I feel more of a benefit from it, but I don't want to be tired all of the time. I left a message for my doctor to call me and I'll ask him if he thinks it's time to raise the dosage to the "normal" prescribing level. I see by reading the posts here that 20 mg is usually the minimum. When I first started taking it, I felt like I was in a hazy fog most of the time. Really groggy, that seemed to pass after the fist full 5 or 6 days of taking the med. Hang in there, all of the info I have read say all of the side effects pass after a few weeks.

Closed Thread