It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• First day on BUDEPRION XL 150 mg

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-06-2010, 01:57 PM   #1
    wannafeelgood
    (female)

wannafeelgood HB User
    First day on BUDEPRION XL 150 mg

Hi,
    I have taken my first dose of budeprion xl 150 mg this morning. I am recently suffering from depression due to circumstances in my life. I felt like i could not see the light at the end of the tunnel and every day is a struggle.
    I have noticed that their are many negative reports on this drug and i am wondering if anyone has had positive experiences with it. Could it be that the people who are simply are not bothering to go on these boards?
    Please, if anyone has any long term positive effect with this generic drug BUDEPRION XL 150 mg please respond.
    Thank you in advance for you time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #2
    coping1
    (female)

coping1 HB User
    Re: First day on BUDEPRION XL 150 mg

Wannafeelgood,

I have been taking Budeprion XL 150 mg for about a year and it has been great. I only take it once a day, in the morning, and the only side effect I have had is a decreased appetite (which I love!). I was supposed to go to twice a day after a few months, but the one pill every morning was enough to lift me out of my depression. I was not severely depressed-just had health issues that were really getting me down and one of my docs recommended I try this.

I feel so much better and have lost 25 lbs!!

Hope this helps and good luck!

Old 05-06-2010, 03:43 PM   #3
    wannafeelgood
    (female)

wannafeelgood HB User

Coping1,

Thank you for your post! It's nice to hear something positive about this generic drug. I am taking it for depression but to hear that one of the side effects for you was losing 25 pounds makes it even more attractive. I put on 25 pounds in close to six months since i went into a down spiral and would love to lose it as well.
    Thank you again for your post. It's giving me hope. BTW today is my first day on the drug. Took it at 8am and it's now close to 6pm and i haven't cried for about 4 hours. Whether i am having a better day due to the drug or not it's a good feeling when i was crying at the drop of a hat.
    Thank you again

Old 05-06-2010, 04:56 PM   #4
    coping1
    (female)

coping1 HB User

Wannafeelgood,
    One of the reasons I wanted to try this medicine was because I had been on Paxil years ago and, it didn't matter how much I exercised and watched what I ate, I couldn't lose weight. Talk about depressing!! A friend of mine had been on Wellbutrin and told me how much it helped her and also about her decreased appetite, so when my doc recommended I try something for my depression, I asked her about it. She said to give it a try.

I have read about people having problems with the generic, and I have never tried the name brand, but I have not had any issues. The only thing I noticed when I tried taking one in the morning and then one at night was that it made me a little jittery when I took it at night, so I just stuck with the 1 pill in the a.m. It has really helped me.

Not crying is good It sounds like you are at least headed in the right direction!! It is hard to explain to people who have never been depressed what it is like-it is important to know when you need a little help and finding the right medicine is an big step!

Hope you continue to improve!! Keep me posted.

Old 05-06-2010, 05:10 PM   #5
    wannafeelgood
    (female)

wannafeelgood HB User

Coping1,

Thank you again for responding. Yes, it does feel good not crying at the drop of a hat. I went to see my neurologist of 12 years yesterday and he had never seen me this way. I just could not contain myself. It's been like this for close to six months due to some changes in my life (didn't become depressed out of the clear blue sky). He then offered BUDEPRION XL 150 mg and told me to come back in six weeks to see how i am doing with it. He also mentioned that this was a starter does and that it will probably be increased to 300 mg. If i do well at 150 mg i'm not so sure i would want to go to 300 mg after reading what i have read.

From what i understand this drug is also good to quit smoking so i'm hoping for a triple effect since i went back to smoking six months ago after i had quit cold turkey for a full 11 months.
    If i can come of this hole, loose the weight i put on and quit smoking again i will call it a miracle cure. But, let me just feel "normal" again and i will be grateful for that in itself.

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement and i will keep you posted Coping1

Old 05-26-2010, 08:21 AM   #6
    denise2648
    (female)

denise2648 HB User

I was doing Weight Watchers and once I starting talking it, I dropped 30lbs in 7 months. It kept me motivated to stay on program.

Closed Thread