It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• From Paxil to Serzone

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-14-2001, 08:45 PM   #1
    BEK

BEK HB User
    From Paxil to Serzone

My husband just switched from Paxil to 100 mg of Serzone a day. He had been on Paxil for about 8 weeks and got off "cold turkey" which was living hell for him (vomiting, severe headaches for 3 weeks).

He said that although he is not eating much he is gaining weight and feels bloated. Is this still a Paxil withdrawal side effect? I have read on other posts that Serzone is a "good" AD with fewer side effects. He seems lightheaded and his memory is terrible.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2001, 09:33 PM   #2
    TrickyDick

TrickyDick HB User
    Re: From Paxil to Serzone

Hey BEK,
    Changing meds (anykind) can cause all kinds of symptoms and problems. It will take several days for it too level out and even more for the new med to take hold.
    In the meantime, exercise and rest are important. Lowering the stress level if possible. My personal mantra is a B complex and Zinc tablet each day and to drink plenty of water, no caffine or colas. This will help level the stress and body out.
    He needs (IMHO) to keep some type of journal to enable him to talk with his doc at his next apt. so he won't forget to mention or discuss something.
    I hope he does better.
    Peace

Closed Thread