It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Remeron and side effects

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-02-2001, 05:53 AM   #1
    ginli

ginli HB User
    Remeron and side effects

I really need to know more about this medication. I took 1/2 of a 15mg tablet at night and actually slept well for the first time in a long time. However, I feel groggy and edematous(water-logged) this am. I feel about 10lbs heavier. I really don't eat alot and i don't want to gain weight. Does this symptom go away or is this med a real weight gainer??? How about the grogginess does that go away? I would take it just to sleep in which case i wouldn't need a whole lot but even with the smallest dose i feel effected. Anyone else feel this way?

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2001, 06:15 AM   #2
    kyle4267

kyle4267 HB User
    Re: Remeron and side effects

Ginli,
    I've been on Remeron for about 4or 5 months and I don't feel tired in the mornings. The weight gain isn't a problem with me either. It makes you hungary right after you take it, but if you go right to bed you fall asleep and don't notice it. When you awake in the morning the hungary feeling is gone. I have good luck with it. I like it cause it puts me to sleep which was one if my biggest problems. My personal opinion is it is one of the best anti depressants out there. Good luck with it.

------------------
    as ever
    Kyle

Old 02-02-2001, 09:46 AM   #3
    ginli

ginli HB User

thanks, Kyle for answering. So, you have had no weight problems at all? Would you say that you have maintained or lost weight? I like it because it puts me to sleep which is one of my problems, also. However I feel so groggy today. I wonder if that goes away or not. How long did it take for it to work for you?

thanks again, Kyle

Old 02-02-2001, 11:16 AM   #4
    kyle4267

kyle4267 HB User

Ginli,
    I am not a good example for the weight part of the drug because I have Chronic Pancreatitis and I'm on a low fat diet. It hurts when I eat so I don't eat alot. I did notice however that after I take the pill at night I get the munchies from the drug. I just go to bed and go to sleep and the next day the urge to eat is gone. As far as feeling groggy the next day, I never had much trouble with that and still don't. I'm taking 30mg. how many mg. are you taking? I like the med, I think it helps alot with the depression. I also take xanax for anxiety which is a big help I might add. I don't think I could live without the xanax. It was a god send to me. Remeron is so much better than all the other antidepressents because it doesn't have all those nasty side effects and withdrawls. I for one am a firm beleiver in Remeron. I would highly recommend it to anyone. If I can answer anymore questions I would be glad to. Good luck.

------------------
    as ever
    Kyle

Closed Thread