It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Pristiq Withdrawal - Hell On Earth!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-23-2011, 12:50 PM   #1
    HelloDCGirl
    (female)

HelloDCGirl HB User
    Unhappy Pristiq Withdrawal - Hell On Earth!!

I am on day 2 of no Pristiq. I have decided to quit cold turkey and detox my body of this vile drug. I'll post my experiences here in the next few days to let you know how it is going. I was on 100mg and tried weaning myself using the lower 50mg, but the symptoms I am having now, would just come and go. One day I was fine, the next not so much. So here I am sitting at home hoping desperatly that this drug leaves my body.

Yesterday's symptoms.... not too bad. One major hot flash and tons of the brain zaps. Especailly when I move my eyes or head too quickly.

Last night. Slept only a couple of hours. Mind raced and it felt like I had just drank a couple pots of coffee.

This morning, got up (tired of course) and went to work. Feel very foggy and the brain zaps seem to be worse. I couldn't concentrate at work so came home and am on the couch watching TV. No nausea yet, but feeling a bad headache that is building.

I'll keep you posted.

Xine in DC

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2011, 05:18 PM   #2
    HelloDCGirl
    (female)

HelloDCGirl HB User
    Lightbulb Re: Pristiq Withdrawal - Hell On Earth!!

7pm
    Feeling a bit better after just resting. After some research online, I realized that I can be my own champion here and do something to help myself through this. I googled "detox" and was amazed at whats out there. From what I've read, drugs are processed through the liver and kidneys (I knew this) and one of the best ways to expidite things through the liver is to drink lots of apple juice and water. Makes sense. Also, to help purify the liver/kidneys, one needs to eat lots of fresh fruit and veggies. So off the the store I went. Came home with jugs of apple juice, water and V8 juice. Am drinking and peeing pretty much on the hour. Am feeling a little more like myself. Water, juice, water, juice.....bathroom. I really want this drug out of my body.

Xine in DC

Last edited by mentalhealth mod; 03-23-2011 at 07:00 PM. Reason: healthboards does offer user blogs and that would be a better place to track the withdrawal process

The following user gives a hug of support to HelloDCGirl:
    fusionqueen (03-25-2011)
    Closed Thread

Tags
    pristiq, pristiq weaning, pristiq withdraw