It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• nortriptyline for depression

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-18-2011, 01:28 PM   #1
    uk_worried_guy
    (male)

uk_worried_guy HB User
    nortriptyline for depression

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience to share. I have been put on Nortriptyline (10mg every day for a week, then 20mg)... I've been taking it 2 days so far, and feel a little bit 'odd' (spaced out and more lethargic than normal). I was put on the medication to help with anxiety and stress which has been causing other symptoms and for some mild depression. The doctor advised that the Nortrip would be better tolerated than citalopram- and, perhaps, more effective. I take the tablets in the evening before I go to sleep.

I was wondering if anyone here had experience of this drug and could share it ? I've never been on any anti-depressants before, i've tried CBT, Yoga, allsorts of things- but kept finding my anxiety was getting out of hand (and causing upset stomachs and other physical symptoms) - so they suggested this as an option...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2011, 07:32 AM   #2
    janart
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

janart HB User
    Re: nortriptyline for depression

Can't help you with that question but sure hope you get an snswer from someone who has had experience with it. I am having same issue as you. At the beginning of fall I am back here with same questions it seems. My anxiety is really bad and has been for years. I have been taking klonopin but I think its causing my depression to be worse. I always get more depressed as fall approaches. I would like a med that will not make me tired but when I took wellbutrin I wanted to hurt someone lol. Good luck

Old 09-20-2011, 01:26 AM   #3
    katlin09
    Inactive
    (female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
    Re: nortriptyline for depression

Psych meds take a while to get into your blood plasma level and level off. You need to give it at least a week to see if they are helping you. If after that you still have the same side effects contact your doc and see about lowering your dose, you may be on too high of a dose, or he may raise your dose. Most of these meds that have fatigue or sleeplessness as a side effect, lose that effect with higher dosages.

Take care,

kat

Closed Thread