It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• paxile to prosac

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-04-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
    crenshaw10960
    (female)

crenshaw10960 HB User
    paxile to prosac

Hi,

Im new to this site or any site. I recently was switched from paxil to prosac. I had b een on paxil for probably 10 years. My depression was coming back so a new doctor switched me while weaning me off the paxil, something I thought could never happen.
    All went well for a week or so but lately I am really messed up. I have been without the paxil for over a week but feeling extremly depressed and cloudy and unable to sleep much. Along with all that I have a head cold. Not sure if I feel like this from the cold or withdrawal.
    Started taking the paxil again yesterday, along with the prosac but no better.
    Any suggestions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2011, 07:53 PM   #2
    flamesabers
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
    Re: paxile to prosac

Hello crenshaw10960. Were you on the maximum dosage of paxil when the doctor switched you to prozac? If not, a higher dosage of paxil may help alleviate your depressive symptoms since it's worked for you before. I'm not real familiar with paxil but you could ask your doctor if there are any meds that boasts the effect of Paxil? I'm taking 200mg of Zoloft along with 7.5mg of Buspar which boasts the effects of Zoloft.

Do you want to eventually take only paxil or only prozac assuming either med works for you? Or would you like to take a combination of these to see if it can help you in a way that just paxil has faltered with in the past?

I know deciding what meds to take or not to take is not an easy decision. Have you talked to your doctor about your new symptoms?

Old 12-05-2011, 11:40 AM   #3
    crenshaw10960
    (female)

crenshaw10960 HB User

Thank you for the response. I have beenon paxil for over 10 years. Life situations have caused my depression to come back. The ARNP said paxil only works for a certain length of time. At first there were no die effects. I weaned off the paxil which I had never been able to do before, while adding prosac.
    This week my head is in a cloud. I am confussed, headaches, depressed. Waiting for a call back from ARNP but I restarted my paxil yesterday but still dont feel any better.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:52 AM   #4
    flamesabers
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crenshaw10960 View Post
    I weaned off the paxil which I had never been able to do before, while adding prosac.
    This week my head is in a cloud. I am confussed, headaches, depressed. Waiting for a call back from ARNP but I restarted my paxil yesterday but still dont feel any better.
    Do you think these symptoms are caused more by weaning off of paxil or do you think they're side-effects from the prozac?

I hope you start to feel better soon.

Closed Thread