It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Lexapro. Does a lower dose help shift weight?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-06-2012, 05:22 AM   #1
    Augustusine
    (female)

Augustusine HB UserAugustusine HB User
    Lexapro. Does a lower dose help shift weight?

Hello

I am just wondering if weaning off the lexapro will see an increase in weight loss. Since I have been on it I went from 62 kgs to 75kgs and being short I looked shocking, like a little butter ball. I am watching and recording everything I eat and drink now because I am desperately trying to lose weight. I seemed to have so much fat around my neck, shoulders, underarms and middle. Even my deodorant stopped working. I was originally on 20mgs lexapro and then 10, 5 and then 5mg every second night and am going down to half that again with Drs permission.
    Can anyone tell me if the lower dose will help the weight loss kick in or do I have to be off it completely. I am also hypothyroid and taking 100mcgs thyroid. All the results that have come back have indicated that there is nothing wrong and my results are "normal". Why aren't I convinced?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread