It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

Depression

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-26-2012, 07:33 AM   #1
Phoenix
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Depression

Hello all,

Shaking what I can only call melancholy is rather difficult.

Meds and talk therapy help but it seems that I need more.

I've returned to church for I have a dilemma;something is missing.

What it is exactly,I can't put my finger on.

I really don't like feeling lost but in retrospect have to own up to the feeling.

I'm stuck trying to re-invent myself and it bothers me to no end.

They say to be aware is to be alive;i'm aware but the lack of quality infuriates me to no end.

I am tired of feeling sorry for myself,tired of being sick and tired and just plain tired in general.

I wish this was simply a mind over matter dilemma but it's much bigger than that and have come to the reality that all is not well(although I tell others i'm fine,simply to keep them from asking more questions).

Guess i'll just keep attempting to fight that good fight.

Somberly stated,
Phoenix

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2012, 08:00 AM   #2
n2hlth
(female)

n2hlth HB Usern2hlth HB User
Re: Depression

Dear Pheniox,
I hope you find what you are missing as you call it the "void" . Church is a great place to start. Joining a Social group like VFW might be good to. Start to add just one thing that you enjoy doing to your daily routine..this worked for me...I volunteer now, to help fill my time and that helps my depression...knowing I am helping someone else...fixes so much empyiness. I hope some of these suggestions might work for you...hoping you find brighter days.

The Following User Says Thank You to n2hlth For This Useful Post:
Phoenix (02-26-2012)
Old 02-26-2012, 08:17 AM   #3
Phoenix
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2hlth View Post
Dear Pheniox,
I hope you find what you are missing as you call it the "void" . Church is a great place to start. Joining a Social group like VFW might be good to. Start to add just one thing that you enjoy doing to your daily routine..this worked for me...I volunteer now, to help fill my time and that helps my depression...knowing I am helping someone else...fixes so much empyiness. I hope some of these suggestions might work for you...hoping you find brighter days.
Hello n2hith,

Thanks for your response.

I've been out of social circles so long that it will take me some doing to get back to a "normal" routine.

The ability to enjoy;now that's something that is sorely missing in my life.

I use to multitask and now have difficulty doing so.

Knowing that i'm helping another individual does help now and then.

I also have self esteem issues to deal with.

Why I don't see what others do in me leaves me at a disadvantage,while knowing this leaves me sort of puzzled at times.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Old 02-26-2012, 09:29 AM   #4
n2hlth
(female)

Dear Phoenix,

Thank You for the additional information on your struggles. Depression so often takes over our lifes and we must take just one step at a time. Even slowly is progress. I hope some of the roads I traveled will help you. So here are a few more...

Find a person/ friend to talk to daily for support and comfort...non judgemental either via
phone or email..

Pick one thing about yourself that you like...that makes you, be you, such as kind hearted, friendly, strong willed. and post it somewhere so you see it often.

Research activities/ support groups that might make you comfortable and be enjoyable to be a part of. This could take a while...but it will keep you busy researching and will make you feel like you are taking steps forward. On line groups help to give you interaction to look forward too.

Enjoyment comes in time...I hope my suggestions don't sound to corny.

Thank You,
N2hlth

Old 02-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #5
Phoenix
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2hlth View Post

Find a person/ friend to talk to daily for support and comfort...non judgemental either via
phone or email..

Pick one thing about yourself that you like...that makes you, be you, such as kind hearted, friendly, strong willed. and post it somewhere so you see it often.

Enjoyment comes in time...I hope my suggestions don't sound to corny.

Thank You,
N2hlth
N2hith,

Thanks again for the suggestions.

If I didn't have trust issues,seeking out someone would be ideal.

My issues have layers and those layers have even more layers.

Enjoyment;now that's a word i'd like to relate to.

It may come in time and I pray it's more sooner than later.

Thanks again,
Phoenix

Old 02-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #6
n2hlth
(female)

Hello Phoenix,

Have you ever heard the phase "First steps are the hardest" trust me to say this is so true.....

I think you made leaps...just from you reaching out and responding in this message board..I hope to speak to you again...as part of my moving forward I joined this support group to interact with people who are or have gone through what I am or have been through with depression and other Health concerns
N2Hlth

Closed Thread