It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

Quitting Zoloft- help!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
carriemc78
(female)

carriemc78 HB User
Quitting Zoloft- help!

Hi there,

I was prescribed Zoloft 50 mg by my dr to see if it would help the anxiety I'd been having. I started on 25 mg on feb 16, and then moved up to 50 mg on feb 23. After increasing to 50mg, I started getting sick to my stomach. I wasn't sure if I wanted to take meds to begin with. So, I took my last Zoloft on Monday feb 27th. My question is, since I was only on for a week and a half, will I still experience withdrawl? It's been about 36 hours since my last one, and just worried that I may get some symptoms. I have not contacted my dr about this because I don't feel like telling him at this time that I stopped taking it. any help would be appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-29-2012, 02:29 PM   #2
flamesabers
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: Quitting Zoloft- help!

Hello carriemc78.

I think it's unlikely you'll experience withdraw symptoms after only talking Zoloft for a week and a half. I highly recommend you talk to your doctor about this though. In order to get the most effective treatment from your doctor I think it's crucial to keep him updated with how your meds are working or not working for you. I think it's common that people stop taking meds because of the side-effects so I think he won't be surprised or shocked by your situation. He may be able to prescribe something else for you that doesn't cause such troublesome side-effects as the Zoloft does.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:31 PM   #3
carriemc78
(female)

carriemc78 HB User

Thanks a lot for the reply. I appreciate it! I do plan on speaking with him about it, but just have not at this time. He can be a real hard head sometimes, so I'm a bit nervous, but I know I need to soon. Thanks again!

Old 03-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #4
spiraldown
(male)

spiraldown HB User

You will be fine that not long enough, try coming off that garbage that did not work one bit, was on for months.Withdraws where HELL, doctors dont tell you about the complete truth.
good luck and I have been on Paxil,,zoloft,celexa,etc done nothing except hell coming off,but evryone is different
chrs

Closed Thread