It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

How do I get my life back on track?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-05-2012, 06:06 AM   #1
girl456
(female)

girl456 HB User
Unhappy How do I get my life back on track?

Im in need of some advice, or maybe just a kick in the rear, im not sure. I've been hiding my head in the sand recently and compleatly avoiding going to college, Im in a course where you have to be constently be working and showing progress every few days. I havnt gone in almost 3 weeks now and havn't been able to motivate myself to do a stitch of work since, I only planned to take a few days off to try and get my head straight, but everytime I would try to get back into the swing of things I'd just end up wanting to curl up in a ball and cry. My boyfriend has convinced me to go in tomorrow and talk to my tutors about it and get back to work, but I feel I've fallen so far behind and have nothing to show, so im absolutly terrified.

What do I even say? When I finally confessed to my boyfriend, I pretty much had a full blown panic attack and he had to pry the words out of me, I can't do that to a tutor, I have to be clinical about it but im not certain I can.
Plus what if they just dont understand, I still havnt gotten diagnosed so it's not like I can even throw fancy names at him so it's believeable, what if he thinks like so many people that im just being a bit sad and was trying to cop out? I havn't particularly wanted to be alive in the last few months so I can safely say Im not just having a blue day and being lazy. *sigh*
Does anyone have an idea of what to say so I dont come accrross as just having a moan and I'll be taken seriously?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and any advice you can give me before tomorrow.

*hugs*

Last edited by Administrator; 06-21-2013 at 06:36 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #2
flamesabers
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: How do I get my life back on track?

Hello

My first thought is whether you have to say much of anything. People can get off track with their college courses for all sorts of reasons, whether it be lack of motivation, illness, family problems, work, financial problems, etc. I think you could say something simple like you've been going through a difficult time and now you want to get back on track with your schoolwork.

I do suggest you talk to a therapist about the lack of motivation and emotional turmoil you've been experiencing. I know it can be hard to keep up with college courses when you feel depressed. I think talking to a therapist would be a good way of figuring out what's bothering you and how to better cope with your depressive symptoms.

I hope everything goes okay with getting back to your schoolwork.

Last edited by Administrator; 06-21-2013 at 06:36 AM.

Closed Thread