It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

Can't find a medication

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #1
civilizedskies
(female)

civilizedskies HB User
Can't find a medication

My Dr has tried me on Prozac, Zoloft, Welbutrin, Citalopram and I get side effects from all of them. Right now I'm trying Prozac and I started getting ringing in my ears, headaches, hallucinations, zombie like, blurry vision, trouble sleeping, stomach upset, muscle aches, sore throat, dry mouth! Welbutrin made me rageful. Citalopram made me depressed. Zoloft wouldn't let me sleep and coming off of it had major headache withdrawals that lasted 2 months. I don't know what to do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
fusionqueen
Senior Veteran
(female)

fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User
Re: Can't find a medication

Quote:
Originally Posted by civilizedskies View Post
My Dr has tried me on Prozac, Zoloft, Welbutrin, Citalopram and I get side effects from all of them. Right now I'm trying Prozac and I started getting ringing in my ears, headaches, hallucinations, zombie like, blurry vision, trouble sleeping, stomach upset, muscle aches, sore throat, dry mouth! Welbutrin made me rageful. Citalopram made me depressed. Zoloft wouldn't let me sleep and coming off of it had major headache withdrawals that lasted 2 months. I don't know what to do.
Your not alone...Only been 3 I have been able to take..Paxil years ago ..it quit. Celexa when it first came out till it quit and pristiq...the rest have made me have all the side effects like you and feel worse. I think the Pristiq is giving out and at a loss like you. Have you Tried Viibryd? No real side effects but did not help my depression..worth a shot

Old 03-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #3
flamesabers
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User

Hello civilizedskies.

Have you tried any SNRIs? You may have more success with them than the SSRIs.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #4
civilizedskies
(female)

civilizedskies HB User

Never heard of Viibryd. And my insurance only covers generics. :/ Sucks. I did try Effexor and it made me sooooo tired even at a low dose. Never tried Paxil but he doesn't want to put me on it.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:59 PM   #5
JoeSwim
(male)

JoeSwim HB User

I tried everything also, and did not have any luck until I started changing the time of day that I was taking the medication. I ended up settling on Paxil in the morning (usually told to take it at night). I also had luck with the Life Spark Depression Supplement which is relatively new.

Closed Thread