It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

Worried about HIV

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
Nonamel
(female)

Nonamel HB User
Worried about HIV

Hello everyone, I'm new to the board. I'm looking for some advice. In April of 2010 I dated a guy who I slept with a few (probably less than 10 times) unprotected. He assured me he had no STDs but I ended up getting herpes from him. I cut it off immediatley. In September 2010 I donated blood with no issue. Then, in December of 2011 I found out he was accused of raping two women. One before we dated and one after. Since then I have been terrified of HIV to the point where I check myself for symptoms daily. My question is, do you think this is just stress related? If I was HIV positive I would have been notified after donating blood, correct? Thanks in advance for any advice/support you can offer. Thank you!

Last edited by Nonamel; 03-31-2012 at 10:53 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Nonamel:
WhenItRains (04-02-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
Holgrave
(female)

Holgrave HB User
Re: Worried about HIV

I think you've got the wrong forum, however, if you're worried about it then go get tested. There's no guarantee that they'd notify you after donating blood. Most likely, you're in the clear, but the only way to know for sure is to get tested.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:41 AM   #3
WhenItRains
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User
Re: Worried about HIV

Hi there,holgrave is right,this is the depression forum...but I will try to answer your question.

They would have notified you if anything showed up when you gave blood.
But why not put yourself at ease and get tested?
If you are too embarrassed to go to a clinic,you can buy a home test at places like Walgreen's or CVS or order one online.

There is an FDA approved home kit called The Home Access express Hiv-1 test,and it is pretty easy to use.They give you a prepaid FEDEX envelope and you just have to use this lancet thing to put a few drops of blood on a card. The whole thing is by number so it is anonymous.After a few days you call and get your results automated by phone.

Stop torturing yourself and get tested...it is very doubtful that you have it,
but remember to practice safe sex from now on

Closed Thread