It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Stuck in a rut. Depression is taking over, need to be happy again.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-18-2013, 02:06 AM   #1
    Lafell328
    (female)

Lafell328 HB User
    Unhappy Stuck in a rut. Depression is taking over, need to be happy again.

This is my first post. I need to have control of my life again. I need advice on where to start to get my life back, and be happy. I picture my life one year ago, and I can't help but wish I could go back in time. Everything was perfect. I had an amazing job, I was going out with friends, loving myself, having so much confidence in myself and everything I was doing, and I had a stress free relationship. I look at my life now, and I can't help but cry. I have no job, no money, no friends, no life. It's been this way for about a month now. I no longer live at my parents house. I live with my boyfriend and his grandparents. Since I lost my job, I have been a hermit. I collect unemployment, I am inside my bedroom for most of the day, and I just lay around and do nothing but feel sad. THIS IS NOT ME. I don't know what is wrong with me. I have lost all confidence in myself and can't even find a job or keep any friends. I need to feel happy and proud of myself again. My boyfriend keeps telling me that this behavior is making our relationship suffer, but all that does it make me feel even more sad. It's a viscous circle. Where do I need to start to get my life back together?? I'm tired of being a pathetic 23 year old female that has nothing to be happy for. I am just so lost. Please if anyone has gone through this, or just has advice, I would appreciate anything.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2013, 09:21 AM   #2
    kchelle6888
    (female)

kchelle6888 HB Userkchelle6888 HB User
    Re: Stuck in a rut. Depression is taking over, need to be happy again.

Hey girly.. I'm 23 and have experienced the same things too.

First things first-- The people close to you need to support you.. You are going thru a rough patch-- whatever it may be.. if there is no support.. why would you want to continue these relationships? True people are there for the good and bad.. make them realize this.

Go to the doctor.. get an opinion.. you could very well have a problem, whether it depression, anxiety, bi-polar disorder.. there is hope!

The first step starts with you.. get YOU better.. do what You have to do to get better.

I am on anxiety and depression meds and I won't say I am back to my normal self AT ALL but everyone around me says that I seem very different and in a good way.. it does get better.. you just have to accept that maybe you have a problem and then do something about it.

Best of luck to you and I am here if you need to talk! xoxo ~K

Old 05-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #3
    justme64
    Inactive
    (female)

justme64 HB User
    Re: Stuck in a rut. Depression is taking over, need to be happy again.

I agree with kchelle6888. Go to a doctor or at least a therapist.

Wishing you the best. Big hug!! ((()))

Closed Thread

Tags
    depression, lost, miserable