It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Life doesn't seem real

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #1
    Puddings
    (female)

Puddings HB User
    Life doesn't seem real

I've had depression for at least 10 years (diagnosed) but probably a lot longer (undignosed) but before now I was able to handle it. Recently I have started to feel like nothing around me is real. I freak out that what I see and feel are not what other people are seeing and feeling. I worry that my memories are just my perspective of the world and other people I know and love don't remember things the same way I do. Does that mean it didn't really happen the way I believed it did. I don't know if any of this is making any sense. My doc tells me it's my mind and my depression playing tricks on me. I am taking anti-depressants but I feel more depressed than ever. I sometimes think I am completely losing my mind. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about. If you do, let me know. Better still, if anyone has overcome this, let me know because I don't think I can take much more of this. My brain is constantly thinking thinking thinking. Over analysing every little thing. I wish I could switch it off but I can't. Any thoughts anyone?

The following user gives a hug of support to Puddings:
    acerHottie13 (06-22-2013)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #2
    rickyabc123
    (male)

rickyabc123 HB User
    Re: Life doesn't seem real

Unfortunately, I don't have the answer that is going to help you. However, I just posted on here as well and I feel like some of the things I am dealing with are very similar to your problem. I also feel that life isn't real and am constantly questioning what it really is and things like that. If nothing else, I hope you can take some comfort in the fact that you are not alone. I really hope that you start to feel better because I know how much it sucks and how hard it is to enjoy things in that state.

Old 06-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #3
    Sante13
    (female)

Sante13 HB User
    Re: Life doesn't seem real

I am a 45 years old female and have never been happy for long. I've experience depression since I was a teen. I have not always been completely down, but have had many very down extended periods and have taken antidepressants for various amounts of times, 3 times in my life. They helped, but I didn't like how unreal I felt, the intense dreams I had, the increase weight etc...So, I have been in a very low period again for a while now and I do relate to the feeling of things not feeling quite real. I do feel that we all have some kind of lense/filter to which we see things (perceive) and that mine somehow, growing up got somehow messed up. I have a deep mistrust of people and can't get close to anyone to make any close friendship. Anyway, I don't want to keep rambling about me. I just thought I would let you know that I completely relate to how you feel.

Closed Thread