It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Paxil users please respond

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-25-2013, 07:58 PM   #16
    teresa77
    (female)

teresa77 HB User
    Re: Please respond if you use an ssri please urgent

Thx can u tell me what you suffer from which meds worked for u and what didnt also when one did work did u start to feel better one day or was it a slow process

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2013, 10:10 PM   #17
    Twigster
    (female)

Twigster HB User
    Re: Please respond if you use an ssri please urgent

I could give you a long list of SSRI medication that I have tried but the brain chemistry of the individual is different from the other as you know.

There have been some that have worked for a period of time but then they cease to work when I hit crisis point. It has taken trail and error to get to the correct medication. Four years ago was the first time I had ever taken psychiatric medication and being at the critically low point I was at medication was heavier. Now four years later, I have lessoned medication and I am of anti-psychotic medication because with medication and self work I have maintained and contained the anorexia and my borderline personality.

It takes at least two weeks for the medication to kick into the system and through time the body becomes accustomed to the chemical changes but remember eating, exercising and dealing with ones issues is the most significant key factor to getting balanced and living.

There is no point in mentioning what has and has not worked for me because when I was severely anorexic (34kgs), I could not be placed on heavy medication and with my heart condition one has to be careful.

Being two different people makes medication a very personal affair because so many dynamics and factors need to be considered.

I wish you well and chat to your doctor.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:01 PM   #18
    teresa77
    (female)

teresa77 HB User
    Re: Please help me if you take an ssri medication urgent

Why did u switch on to prozac was your other med not working are the meds your taking for depression and anxiety helping you. I have such intense fears its awful I'm anxious and depressed 24/7 can't concentrate read a magazine. Watch tv everything makes me so nervous what is your OCD do u think paxil may work for me when Zoloft Effexor etc didnt I am so miserable and can't find joy in anything or anyone did u ever feel that way please let me know

Old 08-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #19
    Robocat
    (female)

Robocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB User
    Re: Does anyone use paxil or another ssri please respond

Have you tried weekly talk therapy? Maybe that would benefit you more than medication. Medication doesn't exactly solve the problem completely, it just takes the edge off. Think of it as a band aid. Perhaps you should get to the root of the problem and solve that? I hope you find relief.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:01 PM   #20
    gibs25
    (female)

gibs25 HB User

I started seeing a psychiatrist. My family doctor had me on the Cipralex, and wasn't working to he referred me. That doctor started me on Prozac which will get up to 80 mgs because you need a lot to help ocd. The Welbutrin 300 xl time release has really helped my depression. I am just starting to feel some results from the Prozac and Olanzopine the last couple days, after being on them for around 3 weeks. I am/was just like you. Always feeling nervous, and anxious, a tight feeling in my chest like im suffocating. I am no where near being better but I am feeling a tiny bit better. For that all the time anxiety, I am on Clonazepam. I take 1 mg 3 times a day and that helps with that, quite a bit and has a long half-life so it lasts a long time in your system, not as addictive. Prozac may help you, Cipralex at 20 mg helped me for years. It takes weeks for new meds to reach steady levels, so with each change you have to give it time. I was so frustrated I was in tears, I couldn't function, and its slowly getting better. I would suggest asking your doc about the Welbutrin, and clonazepam. I'm new to Prozac so I am hoping for the best.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #21
    teresa77
    (female)

teresa77 HB User

I tried Wellbutrin but I think it gave me a rash so I stopped I tried klonopin but it was once or twice a day but didnt feel it helped what should I do it's two weeks on paxil do u think it will kick in

Old 08-26-2013, 06:25 PM   #22
    gibs25
    (female)

gibs25 HB User

Just try and give it some more time, i'm on week 3 of Prozac and have Just started feeling anything, its so frustrating. I have 3 kids so trying to function while dealing with this mental anguish is very difficult. Have you ever augmented your depression meds? my family doctor did this when my depression and anxiety took a turn for the worst the last time. He added Abilify, but that didn't help me, but I have read it has helped a lot of people.

The following user gives a hug of support to gibs25:
    teresa77 (08-27-2013)
    Old 08-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #23
    teresa77
    (female)

teresa77 HB User

I had abilify 2 mg added when I was on lexapro stuck that out two weeks but no help I truly feel sooooo hopeless

Old 08-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #24
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Theresa, If most of the meds you've tried are SSRI's maybe you need a dopamine/norepinephrine drug instead. If you are at all uncertain about the rash being connected to the Wellbutrin, I would try that again after you give the Paxil another 10 days. If it hasn't done anything at all by then, I doubt it will. Also, refractory depression is often related to undiagnosed or borderline hypothyroidism. Please get your thyroid levels checked (TSH, free T3 & T4) to see if adding some thyroid medication might help.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #25
    gibs25
    (female)

gibs25 HB User

I'm surprised your doctor is switching so quickly. These drugs take a long time to start working at least 4-6 weeks well that's what my psychiatrist said. I was desperate, I was begging them to help me because I couldn't take it anymore, it consumed my whole life. And the doc doubled my dosage and said wait it out. Benzo's are a real lifesaver for me, the clonazepam, lorazepam is quicker acting but not as potent I find. Your doctor shouldn't be changing meds after only 2 weeks of the lexepro and abilify!! that's not long enough, it could have helped! When my doctor put me on the Prozac after 2 weeks I was snapping still no change, so I know how frustrated you feel. I still feel like that with just a slight change. I am sticking this one out though, and maybe your dosage should be raised, stick with the Paxil at least another 2 weeks, than your doctor can go from there as to if it is working or not. He should have prescribed you a benzo, if he/she knw you were this anxious

Old 08-26-2013, 06:55 PM   #26
    teresa77
    (female)

teresa77 HB User

I was actually on lexapro over 7 weeks total I added the abilify at 5 1/2 weeks so it was only abilify that was two weeks then I felt if lexapro was gonna do anything it would have by then which is why I went to paxil. I have xanax but it doesn't calm me much either lam completely consumed with this neglecting everything else in my life did u feel like that

Old 08-26-2013, 09:44 PM   #27
    teresa77
    (female)

teresa77 HB User

Thank you I am pretty sure about the rash being from the Wellbutrin. What else should I try? I have tried Zoloft Effexor and lexapro for at least 6 week periods at one point zyprexa was added to augment the Zoloft and abilify to augment the lexapro I tried the add ons for two weeks with no help also thx about mentioning the thyroid but it was checked and ok. Do you have any other thoughts thx

Old 08-27-2013, 05:26 AM   #28
    gibs25
    (female)

gibs25 HB User

I was at a very low point not too long ago, severely depressed and so anxious I wanted to just stay in my room, to keep the ocd at bay(which was not possible or I would have). When I started having severe intrusive thoughts, and my GP didn't know what else to put me on he sent me to the Psychiatrist and I have a therapist now as well. I've only seen her twice so far but she's someone to talk to because I have no support from anyone. If the Paxil doesn't work, you could suggest Prozac, its old school but it works.

Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, depression, fear, panic, paxil, ptsd, ssri