It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Paxil users please respond

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-14-2013, 04:04 AM   #1
    teresa77
    (female)

teresa77 HB User
    Red face Does anyone take paxil please answer

Just started paxil after trying several meds that never worked for my depression anxiety and PTSD I pray I will get relief with paxil please I need some support from those who use it

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
    monkeydriven
    (female)

monkeydriven HB User
    Re: Does anyone take paxil please answer

Hello there, I have seen all your posts and am sorry to hear that you are struggling so much finding the right medication!!! Have you talked to your doctor about this? Also, please keep in mind that often the most effective treatment for depression and anxiety is an SSRI combined with psychotherapy. I know that therapy was my saving grace! Also, have you asked your doctor about Xanax? That might at least provide you with some short term relief while you wait for other meds to kick in. Also, please remember that a side effect of these meds can sometimes be increased anxiety, which is never helpful!!!

If a general doctor is prescribing you these meds as opposed to a psychiatrist, you may have much better luck with a psych as they specialize in this sort of thing.

Best of luck to you!

Old 08-19-2013, 04:53 AM   #3
    Robocat
    (female)

Robocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB User
    Re: Paxil users please respond

Paxil increases dopamine. Dopamine levels is what controls your dreams. If you are not noticing any change, I would talk to your doctor about a dosage/med change. I believe it takes Paxil about 3-4 weeks to take effect, but some people have said they feel changes after about 7-10 days.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #4
    teresa77
    (female)

teresa77 HB User

Do u take paxil or some other med if so what are you taking it for please let me know and if so how long it took to work for you

Old 08-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #5
    Robocat
    (female)

Robocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB User

I take Effexor XR for my anxiety/depression/PTSD along with talk therapy. I find that meds are just going to take the edge off my symptoms, but don't actually cure anything. If you are looking for relief, I had great success with cognitive behavioral therapy. Talk therapy is doing me loads of great as well. I find myself doing things I would never imagine doing 6 months ago. I'm sure the effexor is helping a bit. I've never tried Paxil. It took me about 2 weeks before I started noticing any changes, but that was after I had an increase in dosage after the first week. If after the second week you feel nothing I would suggest talking to your doctor. I hope you feel better soon.

Old 08-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #6
    teresa77
    (female)

teresa77 HB User

What kind of change did u notice after the two weeks did u try other meds before that how bad did u feel before the meds kicked in thx

Old 08-19-2013, 07:35 PM   #7
    Robocat
    (female)

I was pretty bad before the meds. I was aggressive, severely depressed..major panic attacks. I stayed in my room all the time with the blinds drawn. I didn't eat, slept all day. I eventually made my way to the ER from severe dehydration. I've tried so many meds.. Prozac, Remeron, Cymbalta, Zoloft, Klonopin... I'm sure there's are a few others I can't remember. I don't keep track. I've tried combinations as well, it just didn't seem to work out.

After the first week I didn't feel anything, and I think I was like yourself. My anxiety was getting the better of me. I wants the medication to work. But it wasn't. When it was time to increase my dose I started finding my self feeling curious about things I didn't usually feel curious about. I'm usually panicky about them. Like I keep my blinds down and windows drawn because I'm scared. I had severe panic attacks. But I wanted to look out the window. I felt like getting out of bed. Small changes at first. Gradually they started picking up, gaining momentum. So I took initiative and contacted a therapist, which I was absolutely terrified of doing. Didn't want to do it. But I knew I should. I was lucky and found a great one. I won't say I'm 100% cured. I still have my PTSD moments. I have a panic attacks every now and then. But my quality of life is improving.. The main goal of the meds is to take the edge off. Whatever happened to you, I think you would benefit from talk therapy. No pressure! I hope you find relief from your symptoms and life a happy life.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #8
    teresa77
    (female)

teresa77 HB User
    Red face Please help me if you take an ssri medication urgent

I'm ten days on paxil no help in depression and anxiety been on different meds over a year please tell me how long did it take for your med to work o
    I'm on 20 Mgs help

Old 08-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #9
    gibs25
    (female)

gibs25 HB User
    Re: Please help me if you take an ssri medication urgent

I have severe OCD, had it for 7 years. Anyways been treated with a lot of SSRI'S. Right now I had a change of medication about 2 weeks ago im on 40 mg Prozac, and have had no change to my symptoms and its very frustrating. I keep telling my psychiatrist but he just says, keep waiting it takes time, at least 4 weeks to see improvement...My ocd is so bad right now, because the meds havn't started working. Its gradual too, you won't wake up one morning and say hey im better...which is what I wish. Hang in there, i'm in the same boat

Old 08-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #10
    teresa77
    (female)

teresa77 HB User

Did you ever find a med that worked before do u also have anxiety or depression are you able to live a functioning life

Old 08-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #11
    gibs25
    (female)

gibs25 HB User

Cipralex worked for 2 years and then completely stopped working. I also have anxiety/depression im on Welbutrin for that and olanzapine for anxiety. Ive tried a lot, but hopefully Prozac will help. My life right now is not enjoyable, it distrupts my whole life, its horrible, I have 3 kids to take care of too. The OCD/anxiety is very hard to live with, and I am so nxious just for the medication to start helping. 10 days in you probably won't feel it for at least another week unfortunately.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #12
    teresa77
    (female)

teresa77 HB User
    Red face Please respond if you use an ssri please urgent

Please help I have been on paxil for 11 days with no relief in anxiety depression panic and extreme anxiety and fear I have tried severAl meds that haven't worked including lexapro Zoloft Effexor and celexa nothing had helped now I'm on paxil 20 Mgs please did Anyone have a similar experience did u find something to work please respond please

Old 08-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #13
    Twigster
    (female)

Twigster HB User
    Re: Please respond if you use an ssri please urgent

Hi,

What has your psychiatrist said about the medication? Ordinarily, it takes about two weeks to kick in to be working at its optimum. Any SSRI takes time to get to the effective state and then maintenance is levelled.

Contact a doctor now if you are not in a safe space.

Old 08-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #14
    teresa77
    (female)

teresa77 HB User

He don't say more than its trial and error with meds that's all he says

Old 08-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #15
    Twigster
    (female)

Twigster HB User

Well, that is the reality of the situation. Not all meds can work, 'hey presto'.
    You will need to stay in contact with your doctor on a regular basis so that he knows what is happening and what to change or so forth.

I have been through a few SSRI's to see what worked the best for me and at some stages one worked where others did not.

It is hectic, I do understand. Please bear strong and keep faith. Trust your doctor and if you are concerned contact him directly.

Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, depression, fear, panic, paxil, ptsd, ssri