It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• time 4 Prozac

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #1
    Time 4 Prozac
    (female)

Time 4 Prozac HB User
    Question time 4 Prozac

Hello everyone,

I have been taking AD for the past 11 years. I will give u all a bit of my background

My first severe panic attack happened when I was 22yrs old. I was shooting pool with my FiancÚ and a few friends then bam it hit. The walls were closing in and I had to run. My sister had advised me to go see the Dr immediately since Anxiety and Depression runs in my family.

I was then put on Paxil (25mg), oh boy this med made me crazy. I had noooooo energy whatsoever and just wanted to stay in bed all day... I was on Paxil for 2 years before I made the switch to Zoloft. The transition was brutal!!!! I was sooooooooo mad and angry and wanted to kill everyone. But after about a month and adjusting my dose to 100mg it was great!!!! Best medication I was on by far. I was on it for 7 years until disaster struck I was feeling sooo good that I stopped COLD TURKEY oh boy what a big that was!!! within a month of stopping the Zoloft, I went CRAZY!!!!! I couldn't focus, cried allllll day and wouldn't eat (lost 30lbs), anxiety was through the roof. I was housebound. I had 2 small children that I couldn't care for and had to go to there grandparents home for 2 weeks. I landed in the hospital twice!PLEASE DO NOT QUIT COLD TURKEY EVER!!! So dr put me back on Zoloft, another bad mistake and felt 10 times worse and started having very bad thoughts... so I was then put on Effexor Xr 75mg. well it helped with the anxiety but made me a complete zombie!! My body does not do well with extended release tablets.. they give me major brain zaps. so I then switched to Celexa 20mg. Not bad. side effects were pretty much non existent. But I got my anxiety started creepin up again after a year on 20mg and got bumped to 30mg. It helped for a little while but every now and then I get the bad thoughts again.

So here I am on Antidepressant number 5, Prozac. After the great reviews and some friends and family on this medicine I decided to give it a shot. Why not right, what do I have to loose. Well the Dr prescribed it to me on Monday and I just took my first Prozac pill today (Saturday) cuz I was terrified lol... well I took my 10mg tablet of Prozac at !0:30am and it is now 3:54pm and all I really have goin on is a very mild headache and some upset stomach. Hopefully that is all that happens, Its my first day so I will keep everyone posted.

Sorry for the long novel but I wanted you all to see how it all began and where im at now.

thank you

Last edited by mod85; 09-30-2013 at 08:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #2
    AnxietyGirl74
    (female)

AnxietyGirl74 HB UserAnxietyGirl74 HB UserAnxietyGirl74 HB User
    Re: time 4 Prozac

Prozac was a great SSRI for me. I had to take 80 mgs of it because in addition to depression, I have OCD, which requires high amounts of medication to treat. I was on it until it pooped out on me after 2-3 years on it. Good luck, hope it treats you as well as it did me.

The Following User Says Thank You to AnxietyGirl74 For This Useful Post:
    Time 4 Prozac (10-20-2013)
    Old 09-30-2013, 10:41 AM   #3
    Time 4 Prozac
    (female)

Time 4 Prozac HB User
    Thumbs up Re: time 4 Prozac

Thank u for ur reply. I'm on day 3 of taking it. I'm on 10mg for now. I just have a slight headache, feel a little high and sleepy. But so far so good.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #4
    Time 4 Prozac
    (female)

Time 4 Prozac HB User
    Smile Re: time 4 Prozac

Update: I am now on week 3 and feeling much better! I started taking 10mg on September 28th and bumped up to 20mg on October 3rd. The 2nd week was brutal for me. Massive headaches, sinus pain, stomach pain, mild diarrea, morning anxiety, head foggyness, dizziness, nausea, and I just felt so out of it! Lasted about 4 days and now I think it has leveled out . Today marks 3 weeks and 1 day since first started and I finally feel normal! I was going to go back down to 10mg bcuz the side effects have been brutal but I also have pmdd along with the anxiety (i never had much depression) and Dr advised this was the bestbdose. Hopefully it continues getting better. Havent missed any days of work which is great. I just pushed myself to go everyday.

Old 10-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #5
    Time 4 Prozac
    (female)

Time 4 Prozac HB User

Update: oh man what a week of hell this has been. Week 4 has been the worst for me. Exactly 4wks of takin the meds I couldn't get out of bed. Massive chills, low grade fever, sinus pressure through the roof, massive sore throat Like razor blades, went to ER told me it was a bad virus or side effect from meds. I'm gonna give this med another 4 wks and if I don't see any changes then I guess I will have to switch. The last 2 days have been ok just the head foggyness has returned. I will keep updated in a wk or so

Old 11-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #6
    Time 4 Prozac
    (female)

Time 4 Prozac HB User
    Smile Re: time 4 Prozac

Update: well, here I am a little of week 5 and its been a rollercoaster. I have been on many ssri's and Prozac has been the one with the most side effects. Well side effects have tapered. FINALLY! I broke out in hives a few days ago but they don't think that is from the meds. I took prednisone and its cleared. Dr said if it comes back again then I need to come off Prozac. But, in the bright side, my GI problems have gone, my sinus troubles are gone, headaches gone, only thing left is slight sore throat. I had a very good day today. Hope it only gets better from here. Oh and I had to cut my dose back to 10mg to see how it would work and so far so good. Maybe 20mg was to much for me? Who knows.

Be back to update soon. It may seem like I'm talkin to myself but I like to see what progress, if any, that comes. And also for the people that don't sign up to this site can still ready on what to expect. Oh and I lost 15 pounds

Old 11-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #7
    Time 4 Prozac
    (female)

Time 4 Prozac HB User

Well looks like 10mg may be enough for me. I feel great. Starting to get my energy back and only slight anxiety. I hope it continues to get better. I got my appetite back too. So far so good

Old 12-07-2013, 02:23 PM   #8
    Time 4 Prozac
    (female)

Time 4 Prozac HB User
    Thumbs up Re: time 4 Prozac

Here I am again. Still on Prozac but bumped up to 15mg due to increasing anxiety. I've been on the 15mg dose for a week and a half and not bad. My anxiety seems to have lessened. Imbtrying to get to 20mg but doing it slowly cuz the side effect were horrid. I will stay on 15mg for 4 weeks then increase to 20mg. But so far so good. My thoughts are clear, I sleep good. Just a little anxiety but hopefully it passes.. hope everyone has a great holiday!

Old 01-09-2014, 01:50 PM   #9
    Time 4 Prozac
    (female)

Time 4 Prozac HB User

Hello all. Here I am again goin on week 15. Im still on 15mg and my anxiety level is way down! I would say it's about 85% gone. I still get a little weird right before my period but other than that I am great. Dr still wants me to go up to 20mg so it can help with my pmdd. I'll go up eventually I'm happy where I'm at now. I had major stomach pains so now in addition to Prozac (fluoxetine) I am also taking omeprazole and it's perfect now! Lost a total of 24 lbs and I feel great. Still don't have much of an appetite but as long as I keep the food that I do eat down then I'm good to go lol.

Closed Thread

Tags
    aniexty, depression anxiety stress sadness, prozac, social anxiety disorder