It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Is anyone on prozac please let me know

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-27-2014, 12:43 PM   #1
    teresa77
    (female)

teresa77 HB User
    Exclamation Is anyone on prozac please let me know

I have tried so many meds in the past year and a half since I developed severe depression anxiety paranoia etc none have worked and no benzo even helps just wondering if any one had luck with prozac when other meds didnt work for them I was on 20 Mgs for 18 days now today went up to 40 I know we are all different just please let me know I'm desparate for relief also if you pray please say a prayer for me I can't seem to get well

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2014, 11:46 AM   #2
    dcguy
    (male)

dcguy HB Userdcguy HB Userdcguy HB User
    Re: Is anyone on prozac please let me know

Are you seeing a psychiatrist? A real professional might have answers. I think benzos are better than SSRIs, but it all depends on the situation. I am surprised none gave you any relief. Of course, they are just bandaids for whatever is really going on in your life. You need to find the root cause. It sounds like something happened to you recently to cause all this, or did it just begin randomly out of blue one day?

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: dcguy
    teresa77 (01-28-2014)
    Old 01-28-2014, 11:56 AM   #3
    teresa77
    (female)

teresa77 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dcguy View Post
    Are you seeing a psychiatrist? A real professional might have answers. I think benzos are better than SSRIs, but it all depends on the situation. I am surprised none gave you any relief. Of course, they are just bandaids for whatever is really going on in your life. You need to find the root cause. It sounds like something happened to you recently to cause all this, or did it just begin randomly out of blue one day?
    I see a psych have seen many they have no answers also use benzos as prescribed they don't help this all started about a year and a half ago or more when I had some medical issues with my heart my anxiety became so great and it went downhill from there I never had issues before now everyday is a nightmare tried counseling too I feel nothing short of a miracle will help if you pray please pray for me if not please keep me in your positive thoughts

Old 01-28-2014, 12:06 PM   #4
    dcguy
    (male)

dcguy HB Userdcguy HB Userdcguy HB User

Well, I am agnostic, which means I don't claim faith nor disbelief in God and the power of prayer, but I do believe 100% in the power of the HUMAN spirit and our ability to overcome anything we set our minds to. The mind is more powerful than any medication. My advice is to start taking positive steps that only you have control over. Try looking at the world in a new way. Probably you just need to stop worrying that you're going to die. Don't think about your health every second of the day if you can help it. Think about other things. Read some books, take a vacation, talk to people, exercise, do positive things in general.

Last edited by dcguy; 01-28-2014 at 12:07 PM.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:09 PM   #5
    teresa77
    (female)

teresa77 HB User

I just feel so weak its like I lost my mind I was never like this I'm just so hopeless

Old 01-28-2014, 12:27 PM   #6
    teresa77
    (female)

teresa77 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by teresa77 View Post
    I just feel so weak its like I lost my mind I was never like this I'm just so hopeless
    It's just so hard I wish something would help me please keep me in your thoughts

Old 01-30-2014, 09:23 AM   #7
    deand
    (male)

deand HB User

I have been on Prozac for about 15 years at 80 MG a day. The reason the dose is so high is like yourself, I have depression, anxiety and OCD (an anxiety issue), Prozac in high doses can help with the OCD. I have gone on and off SSRIs as well but stayed I have stayed with Prozac the longest because of the lesser side effects. I have also been on benzos. I have tried Xanax, Valium and currently I have been on Klonopin daily for about two years. I take .5 mgs of Klonopin at breakfast and dinner to prevent the oncoming anxiety. It has seemed to help my situation, but keep in mind every situation is different. Everyone's body reacts different to different medications. By no means am I where I want to be, but things have gotten better. I still get hit with bouts of depression that takes time to come out of. I feel for you very much. The one thing I think you really have to understand is that the SSRIs need time to build up in your system to have full effect. When I was younger I would not give them a lot of time in my system and wanted a faster result. I finally gave up on switching and settled on Prozac.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:45 AM   #8
    teresa77
    (female)

teresa77 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by deand View Post
    I have been on Prozac for about 15 years at 80 MG a day. The reason the dose is so high is like yourself, I have depression, anxiety and OCD (an anxiety issue), Prozac in high doses can help with the OCD. I have gone on and off SSRIs as well but stayed I have stayed with Prozac the longest because of the lesser side effects. I have also been on benzos. I have tried Xanax, Valium and currently I have been on Klonopin daily for about two years. I take .5 mgs of Klonopin at breakfast and dinner to prevent the oncoming anxiety. It has seemed to help my situation, but keep in mind every situation is different. Everyone's body reacts different to different medications. By no means am I where I want to be, but things have gotten better. I still get hit with bouts of depression that takes time to come out of. I feel for you very much. The one thing I think you really have to understand is that the SSRIs need time to build up in your system to have full effect. When I was younger I would not give them a lot of time in my system and wanted a faster result. I finally gave up on switching and settled on Prozac.
    Thanks can you tell me how long you were on it before you felt better was it only when you got to a high dose? What was your life like before prozac worked were u able to function please let me know and keep me close in your thoughts Iam suffering so bad

Old 01-30-2014, 10:12 AM   #9
    deand
    (male)

deand HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by teresa77 View Post
    Thanks can you tell me how long you were on it before you felt better was it only when you got to a high dose? What was your life like before prozac worked were u able to function please let me know and keep me close in your thoughts Iam suffering so bad
    My situation is a little tricky because of the OCD I automatically go to the highest dose possible. I knew 80 was the number so in my OCD mind, I was waiting to get to 80. My mind thinks the more the better and that is not always the right way to approach things. You should actually increase your dose gradually, give it a few weeks and see how you respond and if you need to adjust it, then you do it at that point. I may get the same relief out of 60 mg but because of the OCD, I will only stay at 80 because of what I mentioned earlier. My model is not the proper way to judge drugs because once something is stuck in my mind, only certain things will let it go. A typical OCD trait I find. I did not feel any different on the drug and the main reason I went to Prozac was because it was a breakthrough drug for depression which did not make you tired. Most of all of the other drugs on the market at that time (Zoloft, Paxil, Luvox etc.) did similar things as the benzos which was calm the mind, but tire you as well, this is why Prozac was such a big deal back then. Again everyone is different and it may make some people tired, in my case it did not make me zombie like which was crucial for me. If I were in your shoes, I would monitor the dosage and its effects. Remember you have to give it at least in my opinion two weeks and some doctors say longer before you feel the full effect of the increased dosage. Also keep in mind that there are a lot of new drugs on the market today that may work as well. It is a real pain in the behind because the process of finding the right medication and dosage takes a while.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:27 PM   #10
    teresa77
    (female)

teresa77 HB User

Please community any other positive experience with prozac

Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, depression, fears, prozac