It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Viibryd - suddenly (1 week) quit working?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-09-2014, 08:21 PM   #1
    hoppy1913
    (female)

hoppy1913 HB User
    Question Viibryd - suddenly (1 week) quit working?

Hi All,

I'm new here so please bear with me. If I do something wrong, please let me know!

I was diagnosed with depression 14 years ago and have been on multiple meds, changing only if one quit working or never worked.

I have been on Viibryd for 12 months now and suddenly (within the course of 1 week literally) I'm getting what I can only think are withdrawal side effects. I have not had any side effects from Viibryd up to this point and am taking 40 mg. along with 50 mg. of Lamictal.

1 week ago I started getting these weird brain things, like electric shocks. Talk about scaring me to death! I thought I was having a stroke or something! Also started having the following occur, all within the last week:

1. Feeling 'out of it' for seconds at a time, like the world moved but I didn't, if you can understand that. Maybe only 2 seconds but enough to notice.

2. Struggling to find words I use all the time - not a ton, but 3 or so a day which makes me freak. Words like clothes basket - tonight's word.

3. Aching joints in the knees and back. Have never had this before unless I've really worked out or done something new. Now it's even if I do nothing.

4. Freaky, fluorescent colored dreams. Makes me feel like I took LSD or something even though I've never used illegal drugs.

5. Scary nightmares where someone or something is threatening me, but I can't move and the nightmare seems so real that I can't tell if it's real life or a nightmare, but I feel awake or at least cognizant of what is happening.

6. Sad - crying over nothing sad and rages, upset over things that are not worth it, very upset - so upset I threw a bowl full of strawberries on the kitchen floor just so I wouldn't throw it at the wall.

I am calling my doctor's office in the a.m. asking for an emergency appointment but my question is has ANYONE EVER experienced this?

Usually if a drug starts not working, it's a slow slide where I can tell it's not working but it's slow. This is like I woke up in some alternate reality the other week.

Help please!

Last edited by hoppy1913; 02-09-2014 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Was trying to move this to the right area but it didn't work. Sorry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2014, 06:36 AM   #2
    Toypoodle
    (female)

Toypoodle HB UserToypoodle HB User
    Re: Viibryd - suddenly (1 week) quit working?

When I was on viibryd I had leg cramps. My feet and legs hurt really bad. I also stay really bloated. Please keep me posted what the doctor had to say. I got off of it right away. I couldn't stand the leg cramps and my feet hurting.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:36 PM   #3
    hoppy1913
    (female)

hoppy1913 HB User
    Cool Re: Viibryd - suddenly (1 week) quit working?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Toypoodle View Post
    When I was on viibryd I had leg cramps. My feet and legs hurt really bad. I also stay really bloated. Please keep me posted what the doctor had to say. I got off of it right away. I couldn't stand the leg cramps and my feet hurting.
    I wouldn't have been able to handle that either! Glad you could get off of it.

My doctor has taken steps to wean me off the 40 mg. of Viibryd I was taking within 2 weeks. I'm on 20 mg. now and in 7 days go to 10mg.
    b
    She advised me to start taking Magnesium because it helps soothe anxiety which should help with the fear of sleeping due to the zaps, dreams & nightmares. Also advised to take a Melatonin 30 minutes before bed.

She also gave me a 'benzo' drug for the short term so help while I am weaning from the Viibryd. Rather than starting a new anti-depressant as I wean from the Viibryd, we're waiting on that because she wants all this completely out of my system before deciding what to do.

First night with the benzo drug I slept through the night except going to the bathroom and get a drink. I had no zapping feelings, no scary nightmares and no LSD type dreams. What a relief that was! I was actually afraid to fall asleep.
    So last night I slept for 10 hours straight.

I can't wait to be done with the Viibryd! Toypoodle, thanks for replying to me!

Closed Thread

Tags
    depression, viibryd, withdrawal