It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Feeling alone

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-14-2015, 07:44 AM   #1
    SadNik24
    (female)

SadNik24 HB User
    Feeling alone

Not sure how this works but thought to talk to people who may know what im going through. Im 24 & have suffered depression in the past & when people say suffer they actually do mean suffer eh? No actual reason to pin point my sadness, cant eat cant sleep cant drive, cant even cry anymore just feel a all time low like im in a dark hole & cannot get out. Feel people will think im weak, im a care assistant & reported abuse a month ago, was not supported very well & feel this is the 'trigger' to my downward spiral, signed off work for 2 weeks & perscribed sertraline 50mg. Feel embarassed i don't have the strength to overcome this, feel guilty as i have nothing to rely be sad about & feel irresponsible that i didnt notice this wirlwind of misery coming. Does anyone feel theyre going mad? Losing their mind? Will it get better? If so will i always be waiting for this shadow to curse me again? Please dont assume im only focusing on the negative but at the moment thats all i see...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2015, 02:23 PM   #2
    Toypoodle
    (female)

Toypoodle HB UserToypoodle HB User
    Re: Feeling alone

My doctor told me it takes this med. 4 weeks to work. I'm on it also. She told me I could move up to 100mg if I need to. Please keep us posted how you're doing.

Old 02-15-2015, 01:41 AM   #3
    keenobserver
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

keenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB User

Hi,
    It sounds like a terrible situation to be in. Sometimes though small things trigger us into helpless situations and it feels as though we may never break out of it. The small triggers though are caused by many things and so you need to assess all the things that put you in this position. Please tell us more.
    Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to keenobserver For This Useful Post:
    SadNik24 (02-15-2015)
    Old 02-15-2015, 02:41 AM   #4
    SadNik24
    (female)

SadNik24 HB User
    Thanks for your replies i appreciate your time,
    Im still in bed so clearly not in a good place today, keep thinking why i cant b strong enough to get rid of this feeling, has anyone ever used the nhs lets talk service? My gp told me to phone them but i havent yet.
    Will let you guys know how i go in the next few days

Niki

Old 02-15-2015, 04:39 AM   #5
    keenobserver
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

keenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB User

I guess the reason you are not finding the courage to call is because you are not sure how the doctors/councillors will respond. Usually though doctors/councillors are there to listen to you. Maybe you can describe here what your life was like before you fell into depression and what triggered this current spell. Understanding why you fell into this illness can help you overcome the real problem. After that you might be able to overcome your problems or you can learn to accept them, either way things will be better eventually. Thanks

SadNik24 (02-16-2015)
    Old 02-16-2015, 03:19 AM   #6
    SadNik24
    (female)

SadNik24 HB User
    Life has not been bad, some issues that remain with me may be a adding factor, bullied at school, parents divorced at a young age, my nan passed away very suddenly, but none of these things ever bothered me im usually very happy & been told i have a big personality, i work in care & reported abuse to be told it wasnt abuse & the guy is still working along side me, without sounding big headed im very kind, perhaps to kind i put everyone before myself & dont really look after me, will skip lunch to help the people i look after etc, i feel so deep in a hole that i cannot escape. Eating is a chore. Sleeping maybe 4/5 hours a night, feeling sick, i hope this will go away ive lost the strength to help myself.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:33 AM   #7
    keenobserver
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Hi,
    It sounds like you are fighting off your depression issues which is a good thing but there are some things that you seem to be putting behind which is not very healthy. For the next week or two, try to set some healthier timetables in places to manage your meals, sleep and also maintain a healthy stress level, which means ensure you are in control of your surroundings, may not always work but you should try at least.
    Its important for everyone when they put a lot of time for others to ensure you have some time to yourself. Thanks

SadNik24 (02-18-2015)
    Closed Thread