It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board

• Trying to get rid of Insulin

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-14-2016, 06:22 AM   #1
    sirrob28
    (male)

sirrob28 HB User
    Trying to get rid of Insulin

I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes for 8 years now. When my doctor finally figured out what was wrong my glucose # was in the 700's and my A1c I believe was 13. Since then I have been taking Metform along with lantus. I have always been in pretty good shape but has the years go by I have put on weight but yet my numbers has just been avg. A1c was 7.3 and fasting was 91. They had increased the insulin to 50 units a day because the numbers were creeping up. My diet has not been to bad thru that period, but could always be better. I have recently been doing alot of reading on what Insulin does do the body and made a hardcore decision to get off it. I started 7 weeks ago doing a hardcore workout with 5 days of weight training mixed in with 3 days of cardio. Each workout last about an hour and 20 minutes give or take. In that 7 weeks I have shredded 25 lbs and gone from a 40 inch waist to a 36 waist, gained alot of muscle. I have also been doing a low carb modified diet with lots of protein. Its amazing how fast this body is changing. So here comes the interesting part, Insulin.
    Week 1 avg BG was 172 with Insulin High spike of 254 low 115
    week 2 avg BG was 181 with no insulin spike was 256 low 131
    week 3 avg BG was 154 no Insulin spike 189 low was 119
    week 4 avg BG was 148 no Insulin spike 181 Low was 113
    week 5 avg BG was 143 no insulin spike 176 Low 103
    That's about where I am at now, the strangest part is sometimes when I wake up that's usually my highest spike, sometimes it goes down a lot after the workout and sometimes just a little. This morning was puzzling because I woke up to 183, after a very intense leg workout along with cardio it only dropped to 173 when I got home from the gym. Now maybe this might have something to do with it..I workout every morning between 4:30 and 5am on a empty stomach, maybe I should eat a little something but I figure that is one heck of a way to burn off the fat!. After the workout I always have a whey protein shake. So I think being off the insulin is working good, but I can't figure how to keep it in check while I am sleeping? Any thoughts on this would be great.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    diabetes control, insulin