It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board

Janumet $$$ alternative

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2017, 05:05 AM   #1
cricket2591
(male)

cricket2591 HB User
Janumet $$$ alternative

Signing up for Medicare and the part D meds section reveals Janumet to be quite expensive. I've no experience but it looks like my Janumet will cost me $71/mnth for tier 3 meds, a $400 yearly deductible, and if I recall $65/month for the med. or a little over $2K for the year. The plan says thats my total cost for the yr. I have no knowledge if thats the true cost. I'm wondering if anybody, with Drs advice is switching to an older generic alternative with good success. I hear januvia is cutting edge and maybe I should just take it $$$.

Thank you
Dave

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2017, 04:33 PM   #2
ed61
(female)

ed61 HB Usered61 HB Usered61 HB Usered61 HB Usered61 HB Usered61 HB Usered61 HB Usered61 HB Usered61 HB Usered61 HB User
Re: Janumet $$$ alternative

Go to Merck company they make the drug,pull off application for assist,let dr fill out there part,fill out yours.We didn't qualify due to income BUT due to my husband going into donut whole and unable to pay for his other medications we qualified.Make a COPY for your records,you have to apply every December Good Luck! I understand the frustration,give it a try.

Old 07-18-2017, 11:31 AM   #3
Laura789
(female)

Laura789 HB UserLaura789 HB UserLaura789 HB UserLaura789 HB User
Re: Janumet $$$ alternative

What other medications have you used and what is your A1c? Have you tried Metformin, which is very inexpensive? I have had good luck with it, but my A1c has never been very high.

Reply Reply