It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board

Vision problems

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-24-2017, 09:51 AM   #1
Td2290
(male)

Td2290 HB User
Vision problems

I have been having pretty constant vision problems for the past 7 months. A few months ago I took my blood sugar levels at my dad's house and after eating it was 180. The next day I took it again after eating it was 170. So I called my doctor and he ordered in ac-1 test. It came back at 5.8 which is borderline pre-diabetic. He didn't seem too worried and told me to start eating better and trying to lose weight. As I said I've been having a lot of problems I have seen multiple ophthalmologist and neurologists and have had no answers. I had gotten referred to a neuro ophthalmologist and Utah at the University of Utah Moran Eye Center. This neuro-opthamologist checked everything you could think of as far as eyes and brain and found nothing wrong. She said that she really believes that this is a metabolic issue even though the test so far haven't been very bad. Even with my ac-1 only slightly elevated could these constant vision problems be a blood sugar reaction? I'm waiting for a glucose tolerance test that I will be having done after the holidays. I do have a blood sugar monitor that I have been using the last few days and after eating anything usually my blood sugar is around 150. Is this enough to cause vision problems constantly? Any help would be so much appreciated I just need answers

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2018, 05:07 PM   #2
echo99
(female)

echo99 HB User
Re: Vision problems

Could you describe the vision problems that you are having?

Reply Reply