It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board

Type 2 Diabetic Neuropathy is this progressive forever?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-10-2018, 07:18 AM   #1
Debmc
(female)

Debmc HB User
Lightbulb Type 2 Diabetic Neuropathy is this progressive forever?

Hello all, I am new to Healthboards but not new to diabetic Pherphial Neuropathy. I was diagnosed with the diabetes approximately 15 yrs ago and for the first couple years had no symptoms of neuropathy. Then slowly at first it started in my toes then to the bottom of my feet for about 10 years but the progression in the past 2 to 3 years has moved up to my knees and now thighs also my hands are affected daily. I now live on gabapentin and norco everyday but the physical problems have really taken me to a whole new lifestyle change. In the past year my walking has been limited to having to stop and rest every 15 to 20 steps due to exhaustion and pain in my legs it feels like muscle exhaustion like I have run a marathon and can't take another step without rest also the pain breaks through even on my pain meds but I am not out of breath or tired any place else. Is this normal to symptoms of neuropathy? My dr does elaborate on the subject when I tell him this info I figure he hasn't experienced neuropathy to be able to confirm. Has anyone experienced these symptoms? Can I assume the progression will continue? I haven't been able to work I trip and fall and can't open jars and similar object and do drop things frequently. Any comments or advice please help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply