It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board

• Type 2 Neuropathy the pain is real

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-04-2019, 07:24 AM   #1
    alevitan
    (female)

alevitan HB User
    Neuropathy the pain is real

Hi,

I have been reading posts for years to gain knowledge. I am T2 and have known for about 12 years now. Almost immediately upon dx I was also told I had neuropathy. My Doctor at the time tried a few different meds until we hit on Gabapentin and my pain reduced dramatically. I have been taking this 3x a day at 400mg. My last visit with my doctor didn't go well, she took me off the Gabapentin. She claimed it doesn't do anything for my issue and there was nothing else she could give me that would help. I am so confused and upset over this. My pain is back, can't sleep, and my depression level has risen. Anyone have any idea what I can do here. The medication did work for me! I might add my BG levels are not the best and I am still having trouble with gaining control. I am on Metformin 500 2x daily, insulin 7 iu's 3x day, Lantus 30 iu's 1x day. Also extremely high doses of 2 statins (by high I mean double the max dose)
    Any insight would be helpful.
    Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply