It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board

• Greatly concerned about medications, need help!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-18-2020, 01:36 AM   #1
    ChunkyChick
    (female)

ChunkyChick HB User
    Greatly concerned about medications, need help!

My husband has type 2 diabetes, diagnosed about 20 years ago. He is 72 and no other health problems. His diabetes has been under control with an A1C of around 7, taking Metformin twice a day and Junivia and Glipazide. Since he retired last year and became less active, his numbers have increased and his A1C was 10 during his last exam. His Doctor placed him on Ozempic .25 once a week, and continue the
    Junivia, and Metformin and stop the Glipazide. His numbers have came down a little from 350s to 250s in the past 3 weeks, but still too high plus he’s lost 13 pounds on Ozempic and he doesn’t need to loose weight. He’s weak, tired, can’t eat. He has a follow up appt this week and the doctor mentioned placing him on a “long acting insulin shot” once a night. What? Another shot? We are both greatly concerned at the thought of 2 shots and 2 meds for diabetes. What are your thoughts? Do people do insulin with Ozempic? Does the weight loss slow down to a halt? Please reply with your experience with these drugs. Thank you so so much for your help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2020, 08:23 AM   #2
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
    Re: Greatly concerned about medications, need help!

Hi ChunkyChick! Sorry to hear about your husband's diabetic and health problems.

I was diagnosed with Heart Failure, Persistent AFib and Diabetes 2 in 1987.

I did not want to take diabetes medications. Instead I researched diets dealing with Insulin Resistance and then completely changed my diet to deal with Insulin Resistance and Diabetes 2. It was the best thing that I could ever do for my health.

I learned that, when we weaken our pancreas by consuming too many high-glycemic carbs, our body's handling of insulin and blood sugar gets messed up and can do all kinds of harm to our body and our health. Too much insulin or blood sugar is like poison to our body. It can create all kinds of nasty health problems.

The most powerful medication that we can take is a small meal, low calorie, low glycemic, frequent eating diet, IMHO.

Mostly through my diet, at 76 years old, I am feeling better and doing better than I was at age 50!

Has your husband's diabetes doctor ever suggested an Insulin Resistance Diet?

Regards, Bob

⇒ 900 weight lifts, 750 weighted knee bends, bike daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to Machaon For This Useful Post:
    ChunkyChick (08-18-2020)
    Reply Reply